The Head of MERL is part of the Operations Departments (Client Project Implementation), with strong links to the Product Management, Customer Success, and Software Development Departments. The Head of MERL‘s goals are to set up metrics, monitor the performance of projects, impact on beneficiaries across all product lines and services, and to report to the Koltiva Executive Team and clients and partners as per specific requirements.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Head of MERL is responsible to support clients and Koltiva teams designing, developing and maintaining metrics and reports. Specific responsibilities in this role include:
• Lead regular project reviews and reporting of results, particularly monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reviews.
• Support Project Managers in developing monitoring plans for interventions with private sector actors within their market sectors
• Assist Project Managers in the design of effective research tools, methods and plans for gathering information that can inform program strategies and capture intervention result.
• Analyze data sets in conjunction with Market Managers and implementing teams to ensure accurate and coherent results are collected across the project.
• Support technical staff in the development and review of concept notes, scopes of work, partner intervention project plans, results chains, and results measurement frameworks.
• Contribute to program strategies by providing data on intervention performance in a timely and accurate manner.
• Support Project Managers in gathering relevant information for their various interventions, identifying knowledge gaps, and developing strategies to fill those gaps.
• Provide feedback on reports and data analysis to facilitate the production of internal progress reports as well as contribute to client reports.
• Create visualizations and reports for requested projects.
• Helping develop reports and analysis to other teams.
• Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
• Comply with data integrity and security policies.
• Troubleshooting reports destined for clients and partners.
• Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines.
• Provide quality assurance of imported data, working with quality assurance analyst if necessary.
• Stay up to date with new products and features.
• Assessing tests and implementing new or upgraded software and assisting with strategic decisions on new systems.
• Respond to queries for information and access relevant reports.
• Provide direction and assistance to subordinates in handling request and support to another team.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by management.
• At least five years’ experience in a similar position.
• Bachelor’s degree in development studies, social science, statistics, computer science or another relevant subject.
• Experience managing Monitoring and Results Measurement within large-scale development programs, preferably those supporting agribusiness development.
• Experience in research and data collection, including survey design and qualitative and quantitative techniques, particularly in relation to the private sector and utilizing innovative technologies.
• Experience using statistical tools for data analysis and visualisation (Excel, SPSS, SAS, Google Analytics).
• Familiarity with BI technologies (e.g. Microsoft Power BI, Oracle BI) a plus.
• Experience with MS Office (MS Excel in particular) and data programs.
• Ability to work with stakeholders to assess potential risks.
• Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms.
• Understanding of addressing and metadata standards.
• Excellent time management skills and attention to detail is required.
• Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative.
• Analytical mind with a problem-solving attitude and critical thinking skills.
• Ability and desire to learn new skills and techniques.
• Ability to work multi-task and under strict deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• High-level written and verbal communication skills, including communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences.
• Full understanding of the way an organization operates to meet its objectives.
• Diligent and firm with high ethical standards.
• Project Management experience a plus.