ASRI works to conserve the biodiversity of tropical rainforests by meeting the health and economic needs of surrounding communities. Since 2007, ASRI has worked near Gunung Palung National Park (GPNP), a 108,000-hectare rain forest in western Borneo that serves as home to 5-10% of the world’s remaining orangutans and a watershed for 60,000 people. The ASRI Clinic discounted health care to local communities in exchange for commitments to forest conservation. ASRI is a world-renowned organization that has been recognized with multiple awards globally and within Indonesia including the Kalpataru Award. Our integrated work with human health and conservation has brought about a dramatic decline in logging. In 2018, ASRI expanded to a second site: Bukit Baka Bukit Raya National Park (BBBRNP), a 181,090-hectare rainforest in central Borneo, critical for orangutan reintroduction. ASRI’s Planetary Health model will soon be replicated by its US-based sister organization, Health in Harmony, in Madagascar and Brazil.
Direct Manager: Medical Director
Functional Manager :Director of ASRI Kalimantan
Supervises: Deputy Head of Clinical Services
Timeline: start as soon as possible
Role and Responsibility
- Responsible for the clinic operation and other health program implementation.
- Responsible for making annual work plans referring to the strategic plans according to the needs of the Clinic and other health programs (planning and budgeting functions).
- Supervise all lines of clinical services.
- Responsible for progress, maintaining overall Clinic finances and operations, including evaluating health service costs and leading the development of SOPs.
- Responsible for solving problems that arise in the management of the Clinic.
- Establishing cooperation with relevant internal and external stakeholders, including HIH and donors.
- Coordinate visits of visitors/interns with medical/health education backgrounds.
- Responsible for the process of clinic accreditation and other required permits.
- Become a representative/representative for ASRI in local, national, and international events.
- Report on the activities and charges of the Clinic periodically to the Director of ASRI Kalimantan, including its progress against the organization’s Strategic Plan.
- Report on the activities and demands of the Clinic to HIH and the Foundation in accordance with the Directions of the Director of ASRI Kalimantan.
- Indonesian national.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Medical, or other relevant fields.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in healthcare service management.
- Minimum of 3 years of senior management experience in a development organization or setting.
- Strong visioning, strategic planning, and implementation abilities. Effective under pressure. Results-oriented and proactive with the ability to multitask.
- Proven record of strong management skills with complex programs and a large number of a diverse staff.
- Experience in the management of large institutional grants is preferred.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Demonstrated high-level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including the ability to build collaborative relationships internally and externally with sensitivity to cultural, ethnic, social, and political issues.
- Ability to pragmatically solve problems, and plan a course of action using analytical, conceptual, strategic, and forward-thinking abilities. High Emotional Intelligence.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in the nexus of organizational mission – radical listening – fundraising – program delivery – budgeting – impact.
- Strong people management skills: an eye for talent; developing and motivating others; managing change; conflict resolution; initiative and flexibility.
- A readiness to exit the silos you’ve been working inside of during your career in order to operationalize humanity’s interdependence with nature, and vice versa.
- Lunch on working days
- BPJS Kesehatan dan Ketenagakerjaan
- Transportation Ticket when is coming and finish contract.
- Housing for the single-person
- Willing to make 2 years commitment
- Not smoking
- Detail-oriented and highly organized while managing strategic, long-term goals
- Strong initiative
- Awareness and skills to create an equitable and inclusive work environment
- People Management.
Please send a cover letter, motivation letter, and resume/CV to both: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by May 30th, 2023. Please use the Head of Clinical Services Candidate in the subject line. Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity to contact all applicants, but we will contact you soon if you are chosen for an interview.
- Salary Offer 14,000K - 17,000K