Program development and implementation
• Develop, implement and review movement building and growth strategy for AI Indonesia in line with the organization’s vision, mission, and goals.
• Supervise the design and execution of innovative activism strategies in line with strategic campaigning opportunities and growth targets that have been identified.
• Oversee the development and implementation of Amnesty International Indonesia’s Community Organising program that aims to build a strong activist base as a critical mass for a wider mobilization.
• Monitor the development and implementation of team’s programs in line with our strategic campaign needs and supporters engagement. Team leadership and management
• Leadership and management of the GCE team, ensuring the personal and professional development of team members through training and coaching to achieve maximum impact.
• Manage, supervise and coordinate staff effectively to get the best out of them.
• Develop processes, systems, policies, and procedures to enable best practices and behaviors within the team.
• Secure the required budget to ensure the operational sustainability of the team. Relationship Management
• Working with other teams in AI Indonesia such as Research, Campaign, Fundraising, and Communications team to align priorities with shared organizational goals.
• Liaise with other AI sections to contribute to relevant global projects and obtain relevant resources and information to enable best practices within the team.
• Relationship management / public relations with external organizations and partners as needed. Administration
• Liaise with the Executive Director and Finance and Office Manager to undertake budget planning and review process.
• Develop a quality control mechanism to enable best practices in monitoring and evaluation of programs and projects.
• Write unit plans and reports.
• Some domestic and international travel may be required
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Extensive campaigning and activism experience, especially one that involves digital communications and offline mobilization, with a strong track record delivering successful national and international campaigns.
• Min 7 years of experience in human rights / international aid / environmental organization / the broader civil society sector.
• Experience in leading and managing program that requires strong project management skills and people management skills.
• Training and (or) coaching skills.
• Problem-solving skills along with the ability to think strategically, consistently apply good judgment and make good and responsible decisions.
• Excellent planning, time management, and organizational abilities.
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
• Familiarity with Indonesia policy-making processes and politics and also an understanding of development issues affecting Indonesia is desirable
• Commitment to AI Indonesia’s aims and a clear understanding of the links 4 between policy, lobbying, campaigning and media work and of how policy change can be achieved through effective mobilization.
- Non-profit Organization Management
- Full time