The GIZ Energy Programme Indonesia/ASEAN works across various thematic pillars and areas. One emerging cluster of activities relates to green hydrogen development, to assess policy and technical opportunities and challenges to develop green hydrogen in Indonesia. For this, the Energy Programme supports different ministries, including the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources (MEMR) as well as Bappenas. The activities are financed through different channels, including the Global PEP-H2 and its upcoming country component Indonesia.
Global PEP-H2 project specifically identifies local companies which producing hydrogen with potential to switch from grey hydrogen to green hydrogen or its derivatives close to business cases and within a relatively short period. It advises local companies on plant design, business models and how they can cover the funding gap compared to grey hydrogen.
With a view to accelerating the move to green hydrogen, the project facilitates access to funding instruments and to suitable technology partners from Germany and elsewhere.
The project analyses industry segments that would be suitable for pilot projects and presents them to companies registered at the German Energy Solution Initiative. Additionally, to provide training sessions to raise awareness among local hydrogen customers, producers, and project developers with the involvement of the solution providers.
Local companies gain contacts to suppliers, who are made aware of specific project opportunities. On account of their pioneering role, they can profit from financial support measures for pilot projects.
To support the thematic area of Green Hydrogen development, we seek one (1) motivated and qualified Indonesian candidate for:Green Hydrogen Advisor (Job title in SAP: Energy Advisor)
- Act as a resource person to provide advisory in hydrogen topics in general and green hydrogen in specific within the context of technical, policy and regulatory, financing, and pilot project implementation.
- Act as a focal person for communication with relevant stakeholders within the hydrogen sector.
- Provide technical assistance and capacity development to the relevant stakeholders.
- Provide knowledge management support by drafting reports, writing articles, lessons learned and best practices from the ongoing project portfolio with support of communications and admin staff.
- As part of Energy Programme advisors, engage in a cross-sectoral discussion and provide support in collaboration with other relevant advisors from other projects.
- Support the project management process including input to progress report, monitoring and evaluation, and budget planning.
- Provision of hydrogen expertise:
- Contribute to a strategy to identify project opportunities in grey to green hydrogen transition or its derivative products, including but not limited to ammonia and fertilizers, glass, etc.
- Provide expertise in project development from concepting to implementing pilot to upscaling of green hydrogen project.
- Provide expertise in market opportunities, barriers, and risks for green hydrogen both domestic and international.
- Identify capacity needs and prepare necessary capacity development to representatives relevant of industry, project developers and regulatory bodies.
- Conduct comprehensive technical audits to systematically gather and validate essential data crucial for pre-developing hydrogen and power-to-x projects in cooperation with a local industry representative.
- Support activities of other projects in relation to hydrogen sector within GIZ Energy Programme to enhance the quality of work.
- Stakeholder outreach, networking, and communication:
- Act as a liaison between the GIZ Indonesia Energy Programme and the Global PEP-H2 Project and relevant stakeholders including but not limited to SOEs (PLN, Pertamina, PI, KS, etc.), private industries and project developers.
- Introduce Global PEP-H2 Project and GIZ Indonesia Energy Programme to relevant stakeholders.
- Actively conduct outreach, facilitate contacts, manage relationships, and uphold information flow both internally end externally with the stakeholders mentioned above.
- Represent Global PEP-H2 Project and GIZ Indonesia Energy Programme in relevant meeting and forums.
- Draft and review communication and or PR materials related to project activities.
- Identify, grow and maintain network with local experts and the German Foreign Trade Chambers.
- Knowledge Management:
- Design ideas and prepare knowledge products showcasing the purpose, approach, and successes of the project, technical lessons learned, policy briefs and reviews, policy recommendations, presentation, success stories, factsheets, fliers, and reports.
- Provide backstopping and review of such knowledge products prepared by other energy projects.
- Stay abreast of the development in hydrogen sector in Indonesia including but not limited to political changes, policy and regulation changes, new project developments, etc.
- Observe, document and report of changes in the domestic market such as new player entering the market, introduction of technologies, relevant financing services, development partners, etc.
- Participate in events, summarize meeting discussion, and provide synthesis papers relevant for the GIZ Indonesia Energy Programme, German Foreign Trade Chambers, and the partner industry.
- Participate in internal knowledge management including the GIZ Indonesia Energy Programme, to provide internal analysis and synthesis of energy themes in Indonesia, e.g. within the Energy Hub, the GIZ internal Energy Policy Group, and other knowledge sharing platforms.
- Networking within GIZ projects globally to stay updated with the latest trend and knowledge exchange.
- Other Duties/Additional Tasks
- Subject to discussions with the Focal Person of Green Hydrogen in Energy Programme and the Head of REEP 2 Project, Green Hydrogen Advisor may be allocated for additional tasks and other duties for shorter periods.
- Support the Energy Programme Director and Country Director on overarching issues related to the implementation of GIZ corporate strategy (i.e.: Vision 2028)
- University degree (MSc, BSc.), in energy, engineering, renewable energy economics or comparable studies
- At least 3 years of experience in similar or equivalent position in industry or engineering, preferably in project development, business development, market development, preferably in the energy or industry sector. Experience in the field of hydrogen, ammonia and Power-to-x is a plus.
- Practiced knowledge on the topic of energy auditing and data collection.
- Good understanding about renewable energy especially PV, wind, battery storage, electrolyzer, technical processes in industries.
- Knowledge in project finance is an asset.
- Knowledge in industrial regulation is an asset.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Excellent communication skills, experience in presenting cases and explaining technical and financial issues to clients is an asset.
- Strong organizational competence, administrative and event organization experience is a plus.
- Willingness to travel to project sites across the country and intercultural skills to work in an international environment.
- Excellent written and oral knowledge in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
In case of suitability to different job openings currently published under the Energy Programme, applicants are encouraged to apply to different job openings if of interest (multiple applications).
GIZ reserves the right to offer this position on Junior level, should a candidate not fully match the requirements for the listed qualification and professional expertise.
Duty Station: Jakarta
Joining Date: ASAP
Direct Supervisor: Focal Person Green Hydrogen and Head of REEP 2 Project
How to Apply
Please submit your motivation letter and comprehensive resume (including training and list of references) to email@example.com by 16th February 2024 with subject line REEP2 – GHA
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa_Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa_Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.