Good Agriculture Practices (GAP) and Advisory Services Senior Program Officer – POWER 2.0
The GAP and Advisory Services Senior Program Officer will support the POWER 2 Program Manager to ensure that at least 20,000 smallholder farmers increase productivity, raise their incomes by 20% against baseline measures through improvement of farmers’ access to Good Agriculture Practices (GAP) and Advisory Services. S/he will work with the district coordinators as well as consultants to focus on the systemic improvements needed to create and deliver sustainable services to farmers, in related to the Good Agriculture Practices (GAP) and advisory services for variety of crops within the community. To achieve the program goal, s/he will collaborate closely with the Ag-input companies, District Agriculture Office, District Extension Office, John Deere Business Partner in Indonesia and farmer organizations that participated in POWER 1 and in the new three districts.
- University degree in Agronomy or related fields;
- 5-6+ years Agri-based community development experiences, preferably with a focus on Good Agriculture Practices and Advisory Services;
- Experience in conducting agriculture/agronomy research;
- Experience in design and implementing the capacity building on good agriculture practices and advisory services for farmer groups’
- Experience worked with government agencies (especially with Ministry of Agriculture, District Agriculture and Extension Offices) and private companies;
- Ability to take initiative, to anticipate and solve problems; and to work independently on multiple tasks with limited supervision, to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Computers skills with strong familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Bahasa Indonesia and English.
Vacancy will be closed 18 February 2019 and only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview. We look forward to hearing from those who are interested in taking this opportunity to grow and develop with us.
Human Resources Department
Mercy Corps Indonesia