The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German implementing organization which provides services worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ has a record of more than 50 years of cooperation with the Association of the South East Nations (ASEAN).
The City Government of Jakarta intends to completely ‘electrify’ commercial vehicles used for public transport in Jakarta. This project is the implementation of an operational trial fleet of 100 e-buses in the network of TransJakarta. For Jakarta, the trial project and its preparation is seen as an opportunity to learn about the technology, operation and business model of E-Bus fleets.
The C40 Cities Finance Facility (CFF) is an innovative initiative aiming to bridge the gap between cities and finance. Launched at the C40 Forum during COP21 in Paris in December 2015, it is funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the British Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS), the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF) and supported by the Inter-American Development Bank (IADB). It is jointly implemented by GIZ and C40: GIZ is the main implementing agency for technical assistance, and C40 is responsible for building relationships with supported cities and partners. The CFF Delivery Unit consists of the GIZ and C40 team members in Berlin, Bonn, Eschborn and London, respectively, and of the Senior Project Advisors in our supported cities. We also rely on a number of independent consultants.
GIZ seeks a qualified Indonesian candidate for one position of
Senior Project Advisor on Cities Finance Facility
- To be responsible for and manage the CFF project in Jakarta.
- To serve as a focal point for the city administration and CFF;
- Build and maintain effective working partnership between CFF and DKI Jakarta and the respective transport agencies / departments;
- Identify, agree and establish regular platforms, such as calls, meetings, missions and workshops to establish a regular communication between CFF and relevant stakeholders.
- Manage the CFF Project in Indonesia – own the programme, milestones, deliverables, risks and issues to achieve the CFF and city administration objectives.
- Procure and manage consultants aiding the technical assistance CFF provides to the city.
- Supporting the city project team in identifying capacity development needs of the relevant municipal institutions and staff and developing capacity development plans. Effective assessment, development and implementation of capacity development plans and actions.
- Capture lessons learned from the implementation of support to the city through close coordination with and constant feedback to the C40 Knowledge and Partnerships Manager
- Master (or higher) degree in economics or business administration, planning / urban or transport management, or other related fields;
Work experience and knowledge
- Minimum professional experience of 8 years working in and with the public administration, and a broad understanding of the structures of local governments and their administrative processes;
- Considerable work experience in the field of financing of urban infrastructure projects;
- Demonstrable work experience in developing, structuring and implementing infrastructure projects (ideally in the area of public transport);
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English
How to Apply
Please submit your motivation letter and comprehensive resume (including latest photograph and list of references) to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 6th, 2019 with subject line CFF – SPA
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa _Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified