The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German implementing organisation which provides services worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We work to shape a future worth living in over 120 countries around the world. For more than 40 years, GIZ has been working jointly with partners in Indonesia. Currently, GIZ works with over 300 employees in Indonesia, of whom over 80 per cent are national personnel.
In the context of the bilateral development cooperation between the Governments of Germany and Indonesia, the Innovation and Investment for Inclusive Sustainable Economic Development (ISED) Project will assist to strengthen the capacity of private actors for promoting inclusive employment in selected economic sectors. It works closely with the private sector (starting point) and in collaboration with the National Development Planning Agency (Bappenas) as the executing agency of the project and other relevant counterparts. ISED works on major themes of Inclusive Employment and Labor Market, Skill Development and Qualification, Inclusive Business and Private Sector Development within two sectors (Sustainable Tourism and Manufacturing (Sub-sector Food and Beverage Industry)) and four field of activities (“Outputs”): 1. Linkages to national level, replication and connectivity; 2. Collective training and cross-company qualification; 3. Qualification of SMEs in the supply chain through Inclusive Business Models; 4. Cross-company working-group.
We are seeking one qualified Indonesian candidate for the following position:
Skills Development for Inclusive Employment in Tourism
The Advisor, in charge of skills development in inclusive employment in tourism, is responsible for:
- Conducting activities to improve skills development that promote inclusive employment in the tourism sector, in accordance with the: (i) the commission, (ii) field of activity’s objectives, (iii) activities agreed with the partner and (iv) agreement with the superior.
- Communicating closely (as a Liaison) with training providers in tourism (training in tourism, TVET) in order to explore/ expand cooperation opportunities and awareness raising on relevant skills development for inclusive employment
- Overseeing the implementation of tendering package Output 2 for tourism.
- Providing professional advice to partners and cooperating with important stakeholders.
- Conducting technical and administrative tasks relevant to the area of responsibility
- Liaising with team members responsible for other fields of activity and relevant Indonesian stakeholders (i.e. ministries, private sectors, training providers etc.)
- Ensuring strong linkages of activities, results and experience with other fields of activities in the project and government priorities.
- Supporting relevant knowledge management, innovation and communication of innovation to a broad target group.
The Advisor performs the following tasks:
- Professional Advisory Services
- In close consultation and cooperation with private sector actors, supports the identification and implementation of business-related skills development measures, e.g. Developing a Curriculum (DACUM), strategies and plans that promote inclusive employment in tourism sector in the selected region;
- Ensures that the business-related skills development measures mentioned in (1a.) cater the needs of the participating companies and the companies engage in assessing the results.
- Support the selection of skills development instruments to be implemented by training providers (TVET institutions) for promoting inclusive employment in tourism sector in the selected region.
- Oversee the implementation of tendering package Output 2 for tourism
- Defines terms of reference (TOR), select and supervise contracted third parties who carry out selected project activities (including the performance evaluation);
- Conceptualises, prepares, implements and follows-up on workshops, seminars and other events on the subject that are related to the area of responsibility in tourism;
- Monitors the development and implementation of activities and their impact in close consultation with counterparts;
- Develops and organises quality assurance measures and implements necessary changes, improvement and initiatives in coordination with the Principal Advisor.
- Networking and Cooperation
- Builds-up and maintains close contacts with the counterparts on province and district level and other parties concerned;
- Identifies and establishes contacts with relevant projects/programmes, institutions and persons in the selected region and facilitates communication and cooperation among them;
- Follows-up area of responsibility related documentation and reporting with counterparts;
- Support project level networking and communication with counterparts.
- Support to Project Management
Ensures that activities in the area of responsibility are integrated into the overall project planning and implementation.
- Support to Knowledge Management and Communication
- Compiles information about policy, strategies and regulations relevant for area of responsibility;
- Develops, communicates and disseminates strategies and concepts – including guideline, manual and procedures – that support implementation of business-related skills development measures (e.g. curricula, plans) that promote inclusive employment in tourism sector in the selected region;
- Prepares appropriate input to the various project report/publications including annual reports, contributes to other reports required by the management and GIZ Headquarters;
- Participates in relevant meetings.
- Other Duties/ Additional Tasks
- Conducts field visits to the regions in accordance with the requirements of the area of responsibility;
- Independently manages other duties relevant for the area of responsibility at the request of management.
Master/Ph.D Degree in the field related to education/skills development/TVET, economics, social science, development studies, tourism – or equivalent training.
- Professional Experience
- Minimally 5 – 7 years of professional working experience in a similar position;
- Professional working experience in the area of: education/skills development/TVET, public-private collaboration, public policy;
- Working experience in other development organisations (international organisations, consultancies, bilateral agency) is an asset;
- Working experience in projects implemented by GIZ is preferred.
- Other Knowledge and Additional Competences
- Excellent command of MS-Office;
- Good working knowledge of modern telecommunication systems;
- Language skills: excellent English skills required; German is an asset;
- Excellent communication and networking skills;
- Soft skills such as teamwork, problem solving, mediation and diplomatic skills are essential.
Duty Station: Jakarta (with occasional trip to Mataram)
Expect to join: February 2020
Direct Supervisor: Team Leader & Senior Advisor ISED
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, trainings attended and list of references (a must), addressed to email@example.com. The closing date to submit the application letter is on 24 January 2020
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: ISED-Advisor IET
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Putra Pangeran_CV or Putra Pangeran_Motivation Letter or Putra Pangeran_Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified