The Forests and Climate Change Program (FORCLIME) in cooperation with the sectoral Program Sustainable Agricultural Value Chains and Standards supports the Government of Indonesia in their endeavor to mitigate the effects of climate change through forestry sector reform and biodiversity conservation and as a new intervention area on the establishment of sustainable agricultural value chains to reduce deforestation, caused by agricultural commodities. Pilot activities are being supported in the district of Kapuas Hulu, where a jurisdictional sustainable value chain initiative has been initiated by the district government. The initiative is supported by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by GIZ (German International Cooperation) with the district government and the Indonesian Ministry of Forestry as the current Programme Executing Agency.
The Programme’s overall objective is to improve forest protection while enhancing the livelihoods of rural communities and establish verifiable agricultural value chains from sustainable production in Kapuas Hulu up to the final export market. To achieve this goal, the Programme team assists the Indonesian Government in designing and implementing legal, policy and institutional reforms for the conservation of forests and the development of sustainable agricultural value chains, at local, provincial and national level. The support for sustainable agricultural practices and the traceability along the value chains towards the European markets are a new feature of the Programme, providing decision-makers with valuable experience of i.e. how the ISPO process could be implemented “on the ground”.
The incumbent will perform the scope of the following tasks under the GIZ FORCLIME and its associated projects i.e.: ProPeat ;SASCI and assigned Global projects, but is not limited to:
- Handling domestic and international flights, hotel booking and required transport arrangement (car/ bus, etc.) in coordination with the requesting project;
- Maintain and overview the data of the travel and event processed by aforementioned projects and Country Office Indonesia;
- Keeping an overview of the payment status for hotel and/or event etc., especially in cases of delays;
- Well established communications to all frequently approached team at GIZ Country Office Jakarta, GIZ projects and vendors.
- Organize and maintain documentation and filing systems, including copy of attendance list of the event according to GIZ standards;
- Keep the documentation and overview of vendor’s contract;
- Manages incoming and outgoing correspondence, invoices, post and fax, priorities, distributes and follow up.
- Compile data of training/ event list in the soft file format to be submitted for monitoring, evaluation, and BAST service report-purposed regularly (budget proposal, request of event & approval, and attendance list)
- Travel Services & Events Management
- Prepare the procurement process of event in compliance with GIZ Procurement Regulation (O+R);
- Arrange domestic/ international visitor programs, make travel arrangements and manage travel requirements (tickets, flight and hotel booking, transport, visa request, etc.) in close coordination with Office Manager of the requesting project;
- Organize the logistical management in planning, tendering, implementation, and documentation of meetings, workshops, seminars and other activities;
- Keep tracks on all travel related costs, e.g. hotel rates for accommodation, package prices for meetings/ workshops, transport costs;
- Compiling the result of hotel bidding process;
- Follows up third party receivable for all travel & event-related matters, such as collecting and compiling e-tickets, refunded air ticket, hotel payment, etc. based on project and office journal
- Other Duties/Additional Tasks
- Assist in and/or carry out other office activities and any other tasks as assigned;
- Undertake further job training related to his/her position and duties such as secretarial, computer, office, and language skills, if required.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in tourism, administration or related field.
- At least 3 years of work experience in handling various events, especially from hotel industry, travel agent, event organizer or similar position.
- Good working knowledge of modern telecommunication systems (telephone, fax, e-mail, internet and its software);
- Good working knowledge of computer programs (e.g. MSOffice);
- Language skills: English is “a must”;
- Good management, administrative skills and travel arrangement;
- Ability to work in an international team, under pressure and/or limited time;
- Able to present themselves well and have good communication skills.
Duty Station: Jakarta
Joining Date: a.s.a.p.
Direct Supervisor: Office Manager FORCLIME Jakarta
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, trainings attended and list of references (a must), addressed to email@example.com. The closing date to submit the application letter is on December 10th, 2019.
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: FORCLIME – JAP
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa _CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa _Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.