The Federal Foreign Office of the Federal Republic of Germany (AA) supports the process of regional integration in the ASEAN region with capacity development aiming at strengthening the ASEAN Secretariat (ASEC). It has entrusted GIZ – Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH, Germany, with the implementation of the project. In accordance with the project‘s objective of “Strengthening of the ASEAN Secretariat capacities and the Integration Process within the framework of the ASEAN Community Vision 2025”, the project supports the ASEC in institutional and capacity development in the following components: a) Optimization of the structural and procedural organization of the strategic administrative departments/key functional units of the ASEC; b) Strengthening the capacity of the ASEAN Secretariat to effectively implement the “Master Plan on ASEAN Connectivity” (MPAC); c) Fit for the future – a modern secretariat as a showpiece for a progressive regional organization.
We are seeking a qualified Indonesian candidate for the position as:
Advisor ASEAN Connectivity
The incumbent is in charge of the project’s component 2 “Strengthening the capacity of the ASEAN Secretariat to effectively implement the Master Plan on ASEAN Connectivity (MPAC)” comprising the modules 1) “ASEAN Connectivity Division (ACD) – Capacity Development”; and 2) “ASEAN Connectivity Division (ACD) – ASUS – ASEAN Sustainable Urbanization Strategy”.
- Professional Advising and Consulting
- Timely and correct implementation of project activities according to the agreed Work Plan;
- Advisory support to the ASEAN Secretariat’s Connectivity Division (ACD) concerning capacity building and organizational development;
- Advisory support to the ACD on “ASEAN Connectivity”, specifically “Sustainable Urbanization”;
- Develop Terms of References (ToR) and tendering for short-term experts;
- Quality and results assurance of short-term expert assignments.
- Networking and cooperation
Develop and maintain close relations to relevant stakeholders on “ASEAN Connectivity” issues and in particular related to “Sustainable Urbanization” amongst all GIZ, relevant ASEAN Dialogue Partners (EU, DFAT, USAID, Japan, etc.) and ASEAN Entity projects.
- Knowledge management
- Adhere to GIZ best knowledge management practices;
- Timely and updated filing of data and information in the document management system and other project relevant files;
- Collect, process and share relevant knowledge and information on ASEAN Connectivity with ASEC partners and relevant GIZ projects.
- General Obligations
- Coordinate relevant project component activities, including logistics and event management – at national and regional level – in consultation with the Principal Advisor & the Administration/Event Management Professional and in close cooperation with respective ASEC Divisions, contracted Consultants/Consultancy Firms and other relevant stakeholders;
- Timely and comprehensive project component related reporting, including contributions to quarterly reports to the ASEAN Secretariat and Annual Reports to the commissioning party (German Federal Foreign Office), to be submitted to the Principal Advisor;
- Contribute to and maintain the regular project Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) reporting;
- Contribute to regular project (component 2) budget monitoring;
- Represent GIZ and the project (component) during related meetings and events inside and outside of Indonesia;
Perform other duties and tasks as agreed upon with the Principal Advisor, which may not be explicitly mentioned in the job description.
- Master (MSc./MA) degree in Urbanization and Development, Economics, Business Administration, Social Sciences or other related fields;
- At least 5 years of professional experience in comparable positions;
- Knowledge of the “Master Plan of ASEAN Connectivity”;
- High proficiency in English both oral and written as a precondition; good knowledge of German and of one other official language of ASEAN member states would be an asset;
- Preferably 2 years working experience with the ASEAN Secretariat in Jakarta/Indonesia or related ASEAN Organs and/or ASEAN associated entities and/or other international/regional organisations in Southeast Asia.
- Very good communication and presentation skills (oral and written) and intercultural sensitivity;
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies and computer applications;
- Proven team player.
Duty Station: Jakarta
Direct Supervisor: Principal Advisor
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, trainings attended and list of references (a must), addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date to submit the application letter is on 10th April 2020.
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: ASEC – AC.
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa _CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa _Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.