SYSTEMIQ is an organisation driving system change in clean energy, circular material solutions and sustainable land use. By addressing failures in these areas, SYSTEMIQ aims to unlock economic opportunities that benefit business, society and the environment.
We connect the right people, ideas, technologies, and capital to transform economic systems. We do this through five activities:
- Convene and support coalitions of leaders to shape policies and business strategies that will rapidly transform economic activity
- Work with companies that want to be pioneers and drivers of change towards more sustainable systems
- Co-create and incubate the market solutions most likely to build regenerative economic systems
- Invest our own venture capital and expertise in opportunities with the biggest potential to drive rapid system change
- Direct larger pools of capital into regenerative economic systems, so they scale and multiply.
SYSTEMIQ is an equal opportunities employer. SYSTEMIQ’s recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
In order to deliver in these areas, we recruit and develop distinctive and varied individuals who strive to achieve our mission, challenge the status quo and act as change leaders. We are currently recruiting a staff to fit as a Public Policy Adviser.
SIQ is seeking a GIS officer to join our team in January 2021. The position is full-time.
The qualified candidate will contribute across multiple project teams and oversee the mapping and spatial data analysis for southeast Asia
This position is responsible for assisting in the development, deployment, and maintenance of the spatial database. The GIS officer performs data collection and preparation, spatial analysis, and generates (interactive) maps to support decision-making.
- Spatial data collection & geodatabase management: gather, review, configure, clean & process spatial data. Participate in the data accuracy & completeness evaluation.
- Spatial analysis: Uses advanced GIS tools and methodologies to generate various spatial analyses such as Land-Use / Land-Cover change analysis, deforestation and sustainable land management, land suitability, forest fire impact (burnt-scare), carbon stock estimation, various remote sensing analysis (NDVI, tree canopy…).
- Maps creation: create high quality and engaging static and interactive maps to present and visualize results, guide strategic discussions.
- Reporting: review and interpret findings to highlight insights and generate synthetic reports, develop robust and replicable methodologies and processes. Actively participate in research and strategic monitoring and deployment of best practices.
(you are required to have experience in at least 3 of the following points below)
- Working knowledge of vector (.shp creation, query…), raster analysis, remote sensing bands combination (Landsat and sentinel).
- Experience working with QGIS, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS online, GoogleEarth Engine, MapInfo, and other GIS software as well as R, Tableau, PowerBi, or other data analytics software.
- Demonstrated experience creating and refining high-quality maps and spatial data products, (with an accompanying portfolio highlighting previous work).
- Skilled in data visualization and design of infographics (with an accompanying portfolio highlighting previous work).
- Speak Bahasa Indonesia (native) and English in both conversation and writing.
- Education: University degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in geography, cartography, data analytics, or related technical fields.
- Minimum 1-5 years of experience in GIS sector
- Ability to work cross-functionality and contribute to overseeing the mapping and spatial data analysis in South East Asia
- Confident working with assertive, analytical, fast-paced colleagues, and ability to work as part of the international team.
- Must align with SYSTEMIQ values (creativity, challenge, collaboration, change and care) and be able to demonstrate how they have lived these values in a professional setting