The General Manager will lead and develop AP2HI’s work in line with AP2HI’s strategy and corporate targets, and will contribute to further strengthening the financial viability of the organization. The General Manager is responsible for forecasting budgets and managing the day-to-day financials.
The successful candidate will establish and maintain relationships with all relevant stakeholders, including companies involved in Indonesia’s tuna supply chain, the relevant Indonesian government departments, donor communities, the non-governmental sector, scientists and intergovernmental organizations.
The General Manager will help to develop AP2HI’s value offering and initiate change and innovation projects, in close coordination with the Board of Directors and AP2HI staff.
This position is a senior role in AP2HI – through their conduct and activities this role is anticipated to contribute towards enhancing the support for and status of AP2HI’s work. It is a newly expanded role that will require some international travel.
Responsibilities and Activities, include:
- Managing day to day operations and financials, responsible to met budget targets and transition the organization to be self sustaining, this will include driving new members into the program and increase sales of MSC certified product as this is the main revenue source for the organization.
- Responsible to coordinate with members and agree on annual revenue targets, driving year on year growth.
- Represent the association at trade shows and build year-on year market awareness.
- Work with organizations and leading retailers to stabilize value and demand, thus improving the position of the Association’s members.
- Overseeing, leading and managing existing AP2HI projects (and associated staff and consultants).
- Building relationships (alongside other AP2HI staff) with existing AP2HI members – and potential new members – to deepen and broaden AP2HI’s supply chain engagement.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with senior officials at the Ministry of Maritime Affairs and Fisheries (MMAF) and other government departments where relevant.
- Coordinating and organising marketing and communications campaigns with partners.
- Developing strategies to increase AP2HI supply chain network.
- Developing a business plan, in line with AP2HI’s 3-year strategy, that will ensure the economic viability of the organsiation.
- Representing AP2HI at national and international fora, acting as an ambassador for our Mission and work – and as a public spokesperson where necessary.
- Actively growing AP2HI fundraising, reporting and funder relations, e.g.
– Meetings with current and prospective funders.
– Funding proposals and report writing.
– Helping identify potential new funding sources for AP2HI activities.
- Together with AP2HI colleagues, develop an implementation strategy for the AP2HI 3-year strategic plan
- Contributing to internal AP2HI planning and project management, e.g.
- Convene and chair regular staff meetings
- Coordinate and plan AP2HI’s Annual General Meeting and meetings with other external stakeholders
- Liaise with Board of Trustees on a regular basis
- Oversee the development of programmatic budgets and ensure that these are effectively managed.
Maximising the value of and for AP2HI’s network
- Using the influence of AP2HI’s member network to strengthen the organisation’s policy and advocacy activities.
- Fostering collaborative external relationships (e.g. with partner NGOs) that can optimise efficiency and impact of AP2HI’s work.
- Providing strategic fisheries sustainability advice and AP2HI project information to AP2HI’s network members.
- Helping to identify fisheries development projects and leverage points for and with both AP2HI’s entire member network and individual partner members.
Desired Expertise, Skills and Qualities include:
- Understanding of, and a commitment to, the mission of AP2HI.
- Higher education in finance, management or production and/or relevant commercial experience in a similar organisation or a company involved in the tuna supply chain.
- A very good understanding of seafood supply chains, including knowledge of seafood traceability, especially in the tuna sector.
- A good understanding of tuna sustainability issues.
- Excellent Bahasa Indonesia and English written and verbal communication skills, including ability to communicate with a range of audiences including fishers, science, corporate, NGO and government partners.
- Additional language skills will be an added advantage.
- A positive attitude and superior inter-personal skills.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Proven results from previous positions
- An appreciation of – and sensitivity to – different cultures and norms.
- Computer literacy and willingness to use new IT tools.