Job title: Fundraising Business Analyst
Contract type: Fix contract (1 year and possibly to be extended base on the performance)
Reporting to: Fundraising Director
Team and Department: Fundraising Unit
Direct reports: —
Purpose of the Role
YAPPIKA is a non-profit organization in Indonesia that works towards establishment of civil society that is independent in its fight for democracy and human rights. In the mid of 2016, YAPPIKA joint ActionAid International Federation, a global organization, working with over 15 million people in 45 countries for a world free form poverty and injustice.
The Business Analyst will work at a strategic and operational level to improve the fundraising undertaken by YAPPIKA-ActionAid by supporting the department in analyzing business performance, identifying business needs and determining solutions to business problems. The Business Analyst will be in charge to develop data analyses, design and optimize business processes to assess and enhance the performance of YAPPIKA-ActionAid and inform strategic fundraising and business decisions.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Develop and manage metrics and benchmarks to evaluate the fundraising performance on the different products/ channels and campaigns. Collect, consolidate, analyze, reconcile data, extract data from CRM and provide insights on the results;
- Support the fundraising team in the forecasting process by providing data analysis and business recommendations;
- Communicate with internal colleagues to capture business needs and gather business requirements by other fundraising department managers;
- Provide analyses, insights, tools and recommendations that address the needs identified and support and train colleagues in their usage for decision making.
Monitoring and reporting:
- Develop dashboards to support senior management decision making;
- Design and prepare custom reports to meet users and management needs, based on the analyses done and the data extracted from the CRM or coming from other suppliers’ reports. Prepare reports to facilitate the smooth functioning and monitoring of day to day activities;
- Generate reports on fundraising performance on a monthly basis and support the Finance department in the preparation of income and expenditure reports.
- Liaise with the FR Director and other colleagues in ActionAid International Federation to prepare periodic reports for the Global Secretariat.
Process Design and Optimization:
- Analyze the existing business processes in the different teams in the fundraising department. Provide recommendations for strategic and operational optimization of the business processes;
- Provide guidance and support to the fundraising department in the design, development and implementation of business processes and in the identification of the skills necessary to ensure their functioning;
- Gain agreement, usually from senior management, on the best method of introducing your recommendations to the business;
- Communicate the benefits of your recommendations across departments and help to address any uncertainty and concern;
- Support the staff and teams in the implementation of the recommended changes, including helping and training the business processes and database users;
- Produce written documentation to support your work and to present to stakeholders when necessary;
- Ensure plans are made and processes are created to evaluate the impact of the changes made.
CRM Solutions Development, Implementation and Management:
- Identify and recommend the processes, IT solutions and CRM customizations required to introduce/implement the recommendations you provided;
- Engage with suppliers and vendors for the procurement of the products and services necessary for a successful implementation of your recommendations;
- Ensure data integrity in the CRM by maintaining tables, adding and revising reports and handling data imports;
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders for the set-up and implementation of a new CRM, which will allow the in-house management of donor engagement and other processes and will facilitate their automation;
- Liaise with banks to ensure correct and timely payment processing based on donor data from suppliers.
Knowledge and experience
- Master’s Degree in engineering, mathematics, economy, business administration, operations research, Finance, or related disciplines;
- Advanced analytical and quantitative skills, proficient in interpretation and analysis of financial reports;
- 3-5 years of experience in analysing data to draw business-relevant conclusions and in data visualization techniques and tools;
- Experience in Business Intelligence, Business/Systems Analysis or Quality Assurance;
- Substantial knowledge in generating process documentation;
- Solid knowledge in generating process documentation;
- Problem-solving skills with data driven mindset
Skills and abilities
- Excellent analytical skills and an informed, evidence-based approach;
- A strong understanding in business and business development;
- An interest in marketing and fundraising for the no-profit sector;
- Curious mindset; should have an internal drive to answer why questions;
- Excellent command in English;
- Ability to successfully convey complex information clearly and succinctly to non-expert audiences;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to talk to and present to a range of audiences;
- The ability to work under pressure on multiple projects within project timeframes;
- A passion for creating solutions with a positive attitude to change;
- A good understanding of information technology.
Contract & Remuneration
This is a 12 months full-time contract for a senior level post, renewable. We offer a very competitive salary and benefits package, depend on experience.