USAID SEGAR is seeking four short-term technical assistance (STTA) to strengthen company preparedness for Indonesian Sustainable Palm Oil (ISPO) certification. The STTA is expected to commence as soon as possible through September 30, 2023, with a Level of Effort (LoE) of 30 days per STTA. Code: SISPO
USAID SEGAR is a five-year (2021 – 2026) Activity designed to advance Indonesia development objectives in balancing biodiversity conservation and sustainable land use with inclusive economic and livelihoods development. To accomplish this, targeted subnational jurisdictions with high conservation values and high carbon stocks will be under improved management of natural resources that measurably conserves biodiversity, decreases greenhouse gas emissions from unsustainable land use, and promotes sustainable and inclusive economic growth.
USAID SEGAR signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Accountability Framework Initiative (AFI) to support companies in complying with sustainability standards including Indonesian Sustainable Palm Oil (ISPO) in Aceh and West Kalimantan. This collaboration has led to the joint assessment of the preparedness of oil palm companies to apply sustainability standards, including ISPO.
This SOW supports the hiring of four consultants (30 days each) to provide TA to selected companies to implement ISPO.
- To prepare the template of Standard Operations Procedures (SOP) as required by ISPO.
- To train and certify AFI Clinic’s participant companies in Aceh and West Kalimantan on internal audit and/or occupational safety and health.
- To supervise the participant companies first internal audit.
Expected Output and Outcome
- At least 20 (twenty) companies have completed their SOPs according to ISPO requirements.
- At least 20 (twenty) staff from the 20 (twenty) companies mentioned above have been trained and received certificates either as internal auditors and/or as occupational safety and health officers.
- At least 20 (twenty) companies have conducted their first internal audit.
- Developing template of SOPs required by ISPO certification.
- Workshop to introduce the SOPs for 10 companies in Aceh and 10 companies in West Kalimantan.
- Coaching services for 20 companies (including providing activity report containing Q&A from the coaching).
- Training Certification of Internal Auditor in Aceh and West Kalimantan (including providing training material as well as questions for pre/post-test and writing a brief report for its results)
- Training Certification of occupational safety and health officer in Aceh and West Kalimantan (including provide training material as well as questions for pre/post-test and writing a brief report for its results)
- Supervising 20 companies first internal audit.
- Templates of SOPs required by ISPO’s Standard
- Guideline for facilitating workshops to introduce the templates of SOP.
- Guideline for coaching companies on SOPs development.
- At least 20 staffs received competency certificates as an internal auditor.
- At least 20 staffs received competency certificate as an occupational safety and health officer.
- Training material, questions for pre-post test and pre-post results report of each training
- Activity report for supervising the companies first internal audit.
Please refer to the attachment for detailed information.
- The consultant must have authority to certify staff competencies on internal audit and/or occupational safety and health.
- The consultant must have experience to conduct inspections and develop standard operation procedure required by ISPO certification.
- The consultants must have good facilitation skills.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV or Resume to SEGARrecruit@chemonics.com with the subject line “SISPO – Yourname”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the four positions is filled.