With headquarters in New York City and offices worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers. For more information, please visit http://www.rainforest-alliance.org/about.
Under the supervision of the Manager, RA-Cert South Asia and Quality Assurance Asia Pacific, the FM Assistant will be responsible for providing general administrative support for the execution of RA-Cert FM certification services for new and existing RA-Cert clients in Asia Pacific. S/he will be directly involved in various administrative aspects of FM certification assessments and audits including scheduling, assisting FM Associate in the preparation of cost proposals and client communications, and providing support throughout the assessment and audit processes.
- Assist with the execution of FM assessments and audits in the region including budgeting, development of service agreements, auditor assignment, logistical planning, certification report review and support to auditors and clients;
- Assist with the implementation of annual audit schedules;
- Respond to inquiries relating to FM certification, as requested;
- Support Associates in the administrative aspects of client recruitment;
- Provide administrative support (i.e. data gathering) to the team, as needed;
- Assist Associate with client invoicing and auditor reimbursements;
- Receive, process and file forms, conduct data entry and other information or full range of certification and other services;
- Maintain accuracy of certification and auditor related information in Rainforest Alliance database;
- Coordinate and liaise with Vermont and Asia Pacific staff on database entry and other tasks related to certification services;
- Ensure compliance with FSC and Rainforest Alliance requirements; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Adaptability: able to remain fully functional by adapting to changing circumstances;
- Attention to detail: able to process detailed information effectively and consistently;
- Controlling Progress: able to control the progress of the process, task, or activities of one’s own work and responsibility;
- Cooperation: able to work effectively with the other person in order to achieve team goal – even when the object at stake is of no direct personal interest;
- Customer Orientation: able and willing to find out what the client/staff wants and needs to act accordingly, taking the organization’s cost and benefits into account;
- Identification with Management: able and willing to understand, accept and carry out decisions and measures from managers;
- Independence: able to work on his/her own especially when planning the audit trip and take initiative within his/her authority when required;
- Planning and Organizing: able to determine administrative function goals and priorities and to assess the actions, time and resources needed to achieve those goals;
- University degree in Forestry, Project Management, Environmental Science, or a related field;
- 1 or 2 years of experience;
- Bilingual (Bahasa Indonesia/English) required;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Internet);
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and work under tight deadlines;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Background or interest in environmental conservation, socio-economic, forestry and/or forest products preferred;
- Dependability, diplomacy, good organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to work as part of a team;
- Strong customer service skills.
Only candidates authorized to work in Indonesia will be considered.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.