About Coral Triangle Center
The Coral Triangle Center (CTC) is a foundation based in Bali, Indonesia that trains marine resources managers and educates all groups that interact with coastlines and reefs within the Coral Triangle. The applied training and learning programs are adaptive, innovative, and customized for different stakeholders to abate threats, address constraints, and promote sustainable practices. CTC provides various training in marine natural resources management and emphasizes training on fisheries management and marine protected areas management. In developing and delivering training, CTC works closely with the Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries and partners in Indonesia and internationally. For more information, check our website at www.coraltrianglecenter.org.
CTC has developed a capacity development program on the range of fisheries management issues to support the government at the national and provincial levels. The program includes needs assessment and the development of curricula and modules for offline and online training for a different levels of fisheries managers namely Fisheries Management Council (FMC), Blue Swimming Crab Sustainable Fishery Committee (KPPRB) members, Community Organizer, and Fisheries Extension Officers. The FTS will enhance the competencies of individual members of FMC and KPPRB by designing and conducting training programs that will boost the committee member’s workplace performance in accordance with their specific fisheries management goal.
The specific role of the Fisheries Training Specialist (FTS) will be to conduct training needs assessment (TNA) prior to training implementation, developing offline or online training activities, writing up training modules, delivering training to the target audience, and monitor learning progress. Range of FTS works will include developing a training plan, curriculum, and other suitable audio-visual training material supporting materials. The FTS will report to the Training Manager and will coordinate with Fisheries Capacity Building Consultant (FCBC) in implementing a range of fisheries capacity development activities as well as in evaluating the effectiveness of training activities for further improvement.
FTS will be contracted for 12 (twelve) months with potential extension upon performance review.
Reporting and Coordination Line
FTS will report directly to CTC Training Manager. He/she will work closely with the Training and Learning Team Department and FCDC.
Qualifications & required knowledge and skills:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree majoring in fisheries (preferable), or marine science with a minimum of 3 (three) years of working experience in a similar field.
- Strong knowledge of fisheries rules and regulations at the national and provincial level and on capture fisheries management.
- Has minimum 2 (two) years’ experience in training delivery or vocational education relate to fisheries management and/or marine conservation.
- Has the ability to design, develop, implement, and evaluate training plans, curricula, and methodology, including preparing training materials.
- Capable in the use of Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with multi-stakeholders.
- Fluent in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Good writing skills in English (a must) and Bahasa Indonesia.
This position will be based in Jakarta with occasional travel to CTC Office in Bali and possibly to remote and distant locations at short notice.