Konservasi Indonesia is a national foundation established to support sustainable development in the country. We are the main partner of Conservation International in Indonesia.
We envision a healthy and prosperous Indonesia where biodiversity is valued and preserved. With offices and project sites across Indonesia, we promote a sustainable landscape-seascape approach and establish partnerships with multiple stakeholders across sectors and jurisdictions to deliver lasting impacts for people and nature in Indonesia.
As we are constantly expanding, we are currently hiring to fill the following position for our office in Jakarta:
Fisheries and Aquaculture Program Manager
(Code: FA – PM)
This position is designed to lead a team tasked to implement fisheries and aquaculture program and transfer the evidence resulting from field activities into development input at regional and national governments. He/she will also provide technical advocacy from Konservasi Indonesia (KI) perspective to the governments to sustainably develop fisheries and aquaculture.
The candidate will work with different national and provincial-based agencies as well as engage with various institutions: communities, private sectors, and NGOs. He/she will also provide technical assistance and work in collaboration with relevant field programs to develop and implement fisheries and aquaculture at provincial and regency levels.
This position will report directly to Senior Ocean Program Lead, supervises program staffs, and requires working closely with ocean team.
- Managing day-to-day technical and operational elements of fisheries and aquaculture programs including planning and implementation as well as coordinating staff, partners and budget management and finances in line with KI policies and procedures.
- Supervise project staffs and help improve their capacity in project management and implementation.
- Build relationship with local government and communities, including fishers, fish-famers, and private companies to ensure acceptance and successful implementation of KI programs.
- Support, work, and provide technical assistance to KI’s field program managers and staffs to develop and implement fisheries, aquaculture, and Blue Halo S (protection-production) programs at provincial and regency levels.
- Provide training or capacity building to KI staffs to increase their capacity, this includes providing regular coaching, guidance and reviewing their performance on regular basis.
Fundraising and Program Development
- Work with the supervisor and other KI managers/leaders to strategically develop fisheries and aquaculture programs, assist the development of project proposals, and communicate with other technical teams in KI and with donors and partners.
- Develops and oversees development of communications materials, such as concept notes and presentations, targeting existing and prospective partners and stakeholders of project; and oversees the dissemination of reports related to project activities.
- Organize and lead reporting and communication with donors and government.
- Ensure that effective internal communications are occurring between other KI projects, HQ staff, APFD specifically KI’s donor and key partners.
- Develop and provide technical recommendations on fisheries and aquaculture at provincial and national levels, through advocacy work, policy analysis, and prepare policy briefs based on fisheries and aquaculture sciences as well as evidence resulting from KI field programs.
- Support the program implementation of the Ministry of Fisheries and Marine Affairs (KKP), National Planning Agency (BAPPENAS), and Coordinating Ministry of Maritime and Investment Affairs (KEMENKOMARVES) and other government agencies by providing inputs and recommendations in the development of relevant programs, regulations, decrees, directives, and other policy outputs that relate to fisheries and aquaculture.
- Carry out other duties or specific task as assigned by Supervisor and KI’s senior management team.
PEOPLE AND RESOURCE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- This job does directly manage few staffs and assists peers and may direct the work of interns, temporary employees, or contractors.
- Not accountable for an operating budget but tracks and monitors expenditures.
- Initiates check requests or similar routine transactions within established guidelines.
- Activities help manage public or private funds but not directly accountable.
- At least hold a Master’s degree and/or at least 5-6 years working experience in fisheries and aquaculture management in Indonesia
- Knowledge and capability in fisheries, aquaculture, natural resources management in the context of decentralization of management authority to provincial level.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in fisheries conservation and management in Indonesia.
- Ability to manage projects with strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills and balance attention to detail with big-picture thinking.
- Ability to manage professional relationships and to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Hands-on experience in project management (e.g. planning, budgeting) and grant management (e.g. due diligence, financial monitoring) and managing multi-donor agency.
- Experienced in supply and value chain development for agricultural, forestry, or fishery commodities.
- Experienced in partnership building, communication, and facilitation
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills and ability to interact and engage with the full range of important stakeholders from government officials, university, NGO, and community leaders
- Strong ability to work in a team
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Fluent in English (speaking, reading, and writing)
- The successful candidate should be outgoing, energetic, self-motivated, mature, creative, and able to work under difficult circumstances.
- Display good attention to detail, and high organizational capacity.
- Possess the ability to confidently and positively influence their colleagues
- Capability of setting priorities, working under constraints, and managing several project activities simultaneously
Please send your current resume and cover letter (no more than 4 pages) to:
Please fill the “subject” column of the e-mail with this format:
< FA – PM> – < your name >
Closing date for the application is Feb 1, 2023
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified).