Konservasi Indonesia is a national foundation established to support sustainable development in the country. We are the main partner of Conservation International in Indonesia. For more information, please visit: www.konservasi-id.org
We envision a healthy and prosperous Indonesia where biodiversity is valued and preserved. With offices and project sites across Indonesia, we promote a sustainable landscape-seascape approach and establish partnerships with multiple stakeholders across sectors and jurisdictions to deliver lasting impacts for people and nature in Indonesia.
As we are constantly expanding, we are currently hiring to fill the following position for our office in Jakarta:
Fisheries and Aquaculture Coordinator
The Fisheries and Aquaculture Coordinator provides general administrative support, project, and technical support for policy, science and program development on fisheries and aquaculture for Konservasi Indonesia (KI)’s program and project.
Project and technical support duties include researching, gathering, reviewing and summarizing information and data for research and technical projects. As directed, S/He helps prepare, edit, and disseminate technical and project status reports and updates. S/He responds to routine technical questions and helps develop and share tools and resources that will be used to build capacity and/or engage KI’s science external partners.
This position does not supervise staff. This position will report to Fisheries and Aquaculture Program Manager.
- Provide advice to the team on fisheries and aquaculture development, elaborate various development planning tools, collect information on socio economic aspects of fisheries and aquaculture;
- Implement the project activities on fisheries and aquaculture;
- Oversee the progress of implementation of activities on fisheries and aquaculture;
- Participate in field missions to assist in the formulation, monitoring and review of field projects;
- Participate in sectoral review missions monitor and report on the status, trends and key issues in fisheries and aquaculture development;
- Provide technical assistance on request and technical backstopping to field projects;
- Serve as technical contact with collaborating agencies/institutions and participate in their meetings;
- Assist in preparing reports and developing materials for internal decision makers and external parties. Ensure consistency with KI’s intellectual property rights prior to publication and/or release of data;
- Work closely with assigned partner to help effectively exchange and disseminate information with key internal and external partners.
- Contribute to organizing technical meetings, workshops and training courses on fisheries and aquaculture;
- Assist in identifying and developing tools and resources that help build capacity and advance KI’s policy, science and program development agenda.
- Maintain project files and related databases. Secure information and data with appropriate back-up procedures.
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Advanced University Degree in Fisheries Science or related discipline applicable to fisheries and aquaculture development and management
- Four years of relevant experience, including normative and field work on various aspects of fisheries and aquaculture development both in inland and coastal areas, with emphasis on rural fisheries and aquaculture development and environmental sustainability aspects; complementary work experience in the area of fisheries both inland and marine
- Highly organized and ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team environment and work cooperatively with internal and external partners.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 or Google Docs.
- Proficiency in Bahasa Indonesian and English.
- Minimum five years’ experience work with Government, NGO, or international agency on fisheries and aquaculture
- Proven management experience, with an aptitude for managing numerous projects at one time in addition to;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, computer, presentation, and management skills;
- Dependable, enthusiastic, versatile and responsible;
- Collaborative, yet decisive, and able to work independently;
- Strong work ethic, organizational, financial, and time management skills;
- Effective relationship builder exercising tact, sensitivity, and discretion at all times.
- Work is performed in a typical office environment which requires field trip to sites and other location.
- Willingness to work flexible hours to support conferences and meetings in different time zones.
Please send your current resume and cover letter (no more than 4 pages) to:
Please fill the “subject” column of the e-mail with this format:
< FA-C > – < your name >
Closing date for the application is Dec 6, 2022
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified).