Financial Sustainability Consultant
Location: ASRI’s office in Sukadana, Kayong Utara Regency, West Kalimantan and remotely
Duration: Consultancy will be delivered between December 2023 – February 2024
Alam Sehat Lestari (ASRI) is an innovative planetary health non-profit organization located in Sukadana, West Kalimantan, Indonesia, and works to conserve the biodiversity of tropical rain forests by meeting surrounding communities’ health and economic needs. Since 2007, ASRI has worked in West Kalimantan near Gunung Palung National Park and Bukit Baka Bukit Raya National Park. ASRI runs a Clinic, which provides high-quality, discounted health care to local communities in exchange for commitments to forest conservation. This is in addition to other programmes delivered directly to the communities such as mobile clinics, alternative livelihoods, reforestation and conservation education.ASRI is a world-renowned organization that has been recognized with multiple awards within Indonesia and globally including the Kalpataru, UN Global Climate Action Award, and Ashden Award.
In the last five years, ASRI has experienced rapid development notably due to the increased attention to both human and nature’s health since the pandemic started in 2020. This meant that ASRI with its unique approach to Planetary Health, has received increasing support from donors. Since 2018, ASRI’s grants have doubled with an average income of USD 930,000/year. The main sources of the funding are from its affiliate organization, Health in Harmony, international non-profit organizations, grant maker organizations in Indonesia, and smaller contributions from private sectors and public in Indonesia.
As a relatively young organization ASRI is currently in a developing and promising phase. However, this also comes with many challenges and limitations to maintain financial sustainability. Being aware of the challenges of global economic recession and the current economic and political situation in Indonesia, ASRI needs to analyze the risks to the organization and to its specific business model, in order to have a solid and sustainable financial foundation to grow the organization further.
Scope of Work
Output 1: Financial Sustainability Review of ASRI
- Review the current state of ASRI’s financial sustainability as an organization and the current financial risks of ASRI as an organization
- Provide an analysis of all revenue and cost items, including variability, sensitivity to key factors, seasonality etc
- Provide specific and tangible recommendations for ASRI to become more financially sustainable based on findings and external research
Output 2: Specific Finance Sustainability Review of ASRI’s Clinic / Healthcare program
- Review the current business model development of ASRI’s healthcare approach and services, currently providing incentives for the forest communities by offering discounts and allowing non-cash payment.
- Provide recommendations for improvements / future financial sustainability plan.
- Bi-lingual Report on the review of ASRI’s financial sustainability and recommendations
- Bi-lingual Report on the review of ASRI’s health/clinic financial sustainability and recommendations
- Financial analysis model / template with ability to scenario model
- Data requirements for continued tracking
- Workshop for management team on the result and recommendation
All deliverables should be completed within 3 months after the contract signed
General Required Qualifications and Experience
Applicant for this Call for Expression of Interest should possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Master degree or equivalent in accounting, economics, financial management, healthcare administration or related field of studies plus BA degree in Accounting/ Finance
- A minimum of 10 years experience in business model assessment and development, sustainable business planning, scenario analysis and modeling
- Vast experience of working with NGO or social entrepreneurships are preferred
- Excellent report-writing skills
- Excellent command of computerized accounting, analytical tools and presentation skills
- Excellent change management skills and a strong commitment to sharing expertise and experience.
- Knowledge of the Hospital Management and/or BPJS insurance program is an advantage
Please submit a CV or resume and sample of previous works to: email@example.com by December 10th, 2023. Please use the Consultancy – Financial Sustainability in the subject line. Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity to contact all applicants, but we will contact you soon if you are chosen for an interview.