The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is the German implementing organization which provides services worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
The SUPA (Sustainable Use of Peatland and Haze Mitigation in ASEAN) Component 1 is a regional programme that aims to improve sustainable peatland management to mitigate the adverse impact of climate change in ASEAN, to manage risk of wild fires and reduce transboundary smoke haze.” The programme is structured into 2 components. SUPA Component 1 is implemented by GIZ and is co-financed by the Federal Ministry for Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU) and European Union (EU).
The goal of component 1 is to strengthen ASEAN and ASEAN Member States (AMS) to implement ASEAN Peatland Management Strategy (APMS) and National Action Plan for Peatlands (NAPPs). GIZ supports ASEAN and the AMS, through capacity building, strengthening regional co-operation through provision of technical and material support to regional institutions on sustainable peatland management, and implementation of best practices peatland governance on the ground.
SUPA Component 1 is implemented using a multi-level approach, engaging stakeholders at regional, national, sub-national and local levels. Based on this intervention logic, the implementation of component 1 is structured into three work areas:
Work Area 1: “Strengthening regional cooperation by strengthening ASEAN”
Work Area 2: “Specific support to AMS for the implementation of APMS and NAPPs”
Work area 3: “Generating pilot experiences from Indonesia and Malaysia”.
GIZ seeks a qualified Indonesian candidate for this position.
Provide financial administration of the project. In this context, the position holder fulfills the following tasks:
- Carry out accounting on the basis of WINPACS cash/bankbook and responsible for Petty Cash (WINPACCS cashbook)
- Fill check book forms as per deadline
- Prepare and control monthly program journal / financial report on activity progress
- Prepare period accounts and bank reconciliation vouchers
- Prepare vouchers for book keeping and indicate their cost classification
- Submit monthly voucher reports to GIZ Indonesia Country Office
2. Financial Services
- Prepare project activity-level budgets in coordination with the Principal Advisor and Finance Manager
- Set up an activity level budget monitoring system and provide regular updates to the Principal Advisor and Finance Manager
- Support technical experts in planning and allocating the focal area activity budgets and coordinate with Finance Manager
- Following the documentation needs of an EU funded project, preparation and follow up of documents.
- Contact person for all ASEAN GIZ offices and country offices of operation (e.g. issuing payments, setting up contracts etc.).
- Supervise procurement processes compliantly
- Monitor income, expenditure and the monthly bank reconciliation
- Monitor accounts (payables, receivables) and report regularly to Principal Advisor/Finance Manager
- Preparing request of funds to GIZ Country Office based on monthly budget plan
- Verification on cashbook vouchers
- Monitor and being contact person for rental and facility management contracts in field offices
- Responsible to follow up the Third Parties Receivables (TPR), Obligo, and consultant contract monitoring
- Checking the settlement of any private uses of project assets/funds
- Maintaining financial documents in confidentiality
3. Internal Control
- Inform Finance Manager/Principal Advisor on eligibility of cost for activities planned/implemented in the field offices
- Check vouchers and receipts submitted by the project/components for completeness and allocation to cost units and categories and correct these where necessary
- Supervising and guiding the preparations for the annual Internal Controls as well as ensuring that the results and recommendations are applied
4. Financial Reporting to the Client
- Assist in financial reports / invoices to the EU Delegation in close coordination with Finance Manager
- Documentation of Incidental Expenditures and Non-Key Experts contracts, per diems and flight documents, answering requests from EU Delegation in regard to local vouchers
- Support annual Audit Opinion throughout the local auditing process
5. General Support
- General support to Principal Advisor and Finance Manager if needed regarding tasks such as internal control planning and hosting, quarterly plan/actual comparisons, preparation of planning and prognosis, budget monitoring
- Collating, preparing and interpreting reports, budgets, accounts, commentaries and financial statements
- Undertaking strategic analysis and assisting with strategic planning
- Liaising with managerial staff and other colleagues.
- Prepare the delivery of necessary documents to Headquarters after the project ended
- At least Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Accounting or equivalent;
- At least having 5 years of experience in similar position or equivalent;
- Understanding and experience of EU-funded programs preferred
- Working experience with GIZ is an asset;
- Knowledge of GIZ finance systems such as WINPACCS and Onsite Reporting is an asset;
- Knowledge in SAP is an asset
Essential skills, additional competences and other knowledge
- Proficiency in all MS-Office application, internet;
- Language skills: Proficiency of oral and written Bahasa Indonesia and English is a requirement
- Good working knowledge of telecommunication systems (Phone, fax, email).
- Able to adapt easily and to work independently while being a good team player;
- Working in international team,
- Excellent organizational skills and strong ability to meet agreed targets;
- Able to work precisely under high time pressure and workload; including frequent duty trips to ASEAN countries
- Service-oriented attitude;
- Willingness to up skill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Duty Station: Jakarta
Joining Date: 1st September 2022
Direct Supervisor: Principal Advisor of SUPA REPEAT project
How to Apply
Please submit your motivation letter and comprehensive resume (including training and list of references) to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 10th, 2022 with subject line SUPA – Financial Specialist.
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa_Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa_Reference) – the attachments are not more than 300 KB.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified