The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with a network of 192-member National Societies. The overall aim of the IFRC is “to inspire, encourage, facilitate, and promote at all times all forms of humanitarian activities by National Societies with a view to preventing and alleviating human suffering and thereby contributing to the maintenance and promotion of human dignity and peace in the world.” The IFRC works to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people before, during and after disasters, health emergencies and other crises.
The IFRC is part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (Movement), together with its member National Societies and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC). The work of the IFRC is guided by the following fundamental principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality.
The Finance Support will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of daily program administration and finance tasks mainly focussed on finance, administration and the logistic support; assisting the NS’s logistical requests relating to meeting venues, travel and working advance settlements; maintaining good relationship with external consultants and stakeholders particularly relating to Disaster Management/Disaster Risk Management Program).
Finance Support will work under direct supervision and technical support from Finance Monitoring and Development Manager and Disaster Risk Management Manager at IFRC CCD Indonesia and Timor Leste.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Incumbent will work closely with the IFRC DM/DRM Dept as well as National Society as the respective partners in program implementation execute the following tasks:
- Review and submit any DM/DRM administrative and finance documents as per federation rules and system.
- Supporting DM/DRM team to organize any meetings, workshop, and training sessions required by the programs. These tasks including but not limited to arranging meeting venues, accommodation, and any transportation issues in close Coordination with Health Assistant, IFRC Admin, Procurement and Finance department.
- Maintaining and updating filling management in IFRC Public Share.
- Helping with e-contract and payment process of consultancy under DM/DRM program based on IFRC regulation.
- Coordinate with procurement regarding to any requisitions raised within DM/DRM Dept.
Program Finance tasks:
- Checking supporting documents for NS settlement are completed based on NS’s rules and regulation (Juklak/Juknis Keuangan program, SK-17 Procurement Procedures, etc) and Project Agreement.
- Creating WANS Cover assigned for all settlement
- Processing all settlement into the IFRC Smart Office System
- Assisting program staff with working expenses reimbursement/settlement.
- Assisting program for requisition submission as needed.
- Liaise with Finance, Monitoring and Development Manager to develop budget monitoring and analysis for all pledges under DRM program, including accrual report
- Liaise with Finance, Monitoring and Development Manager with collecting data to generate Budget versus Actual Analysis under PMI program budget
- Assist Budget Holder with creation of Project Finance Management Checklist and Monthly Forecast and any other revision of the project or program budget
Communication and Coordination
- Coordinate with the Finance Monitoring and Development on a bi-weekly basis to update the finance status
- Maintain a good and close communication with PMI and IFRC Colleagues
- University degree in relevant field (Finance, Accounting, Management, Business Administration)
- Less than 2 years of experience within relevant experience
- Experience in business administration and financial field of work
- Experience in organizing events and having good presentation skills
- Experience in working with Government Ministries and high-levels stakeholders (Preferred)
- Strong knowledge working with Non-Profit Organisations and donors
- Strong knowledge in standard procurement regulations and arranging travel itineraries
- Strong experiences in the work field with multitasking environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Languages
- Knowledge in business writing skills both in Indonesia and English language
- Good communication and interpersonal skills for effective working relation and good decision making.
- Ability to prioritize, work well under pressure and meet deadlines. Able to achieve results through collaboration/teamwork.
- Ability to adapt and adjust to change, take extra miles to accomplished work task
- Good representation and facilitation skills
- Ability to work well in a multicultural team and in a changing environment
- Computer skills: Windows, Word Processing, PowerPoint, Excel & Ability to use video conferencing application i.e Microsoft Teams, Zoom etc.
- Able to travel to project area if required
Competencies, Values and Comments
In order for us to assure a proper comparative evaluation of your application for this vacancy and to enable us to consider your profile against other similar current and future vacancies, we ask that applicants submit their applications together with a letter of motivation no later than 27 January 2023
Range of Salary for this position start from IDR 8,414,000 – 9,474,000
- Please note that the selected candidate will be hired through a national contract under Indonesia labor law.
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by Federation policies, procedures, plans and the applicable laws
- The closing date is midnight Geneva time zone. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered;
- Only those candidates shortlisted for interviews will be notified.
The position will be based in Jakarta thus Indonesian as well as foreign applicants with valid and current residence and work permits in Indonesia are encouraged to apply.
- Salary Offer IDR 8,414,000 - 9,474,000