ChildFund is an international child focused development agency working in 33 countries to create lasting and meaningful change in the lives of more than 10.5 million vulnerable, deprived and excluded children, families and communities, regardless of race, creed, gender or national origin. In Indonesia ChildFund has been operating for 34 years since 1973, in areas where the need is the greatest and currently reaches out to 900,000 children and family members in partnership with 50 local NGOs spread across 8 provinces. For more information please visit www.childfund.org.
ChildFund Indonesia is currently seeking:
Position : Finance Supervisor
Reporting to : Project Manager Central Sulawesi Emergency Response (CSER) Project
Based in : Palu/Jakarta
Duration : 6 months contract
Accounting and Reporting
– Ensuring timely recording of financial transactions based on the correct budget charging/account codes.
– Ensuring that financial transactions have the appropriate supporting documents in compliance with ChildFund’s relevant policies and procedures before they are processed for payment and/or recording.
– Preparing monthly financial report and bank reconciliation based on each funding sources standards and requirements.
– Submitting Budget vs Actual (BVA) monthly reports produced need to link back to initial plans, explain variances and relate to narrative reports.
– Maintaining proper filing system for all finance records and documents.
– Following up the timely settlement of outstanding advances.
– Coordinating with other related parties both internally within the field Office, Country Office (CO) and other CF funding offices and, if necessary, externally (other funding offices) for reports and other documents.
– Ensuring Project Manager CSER has up to date financial information, that budget accuracy is verified and ensure that all financial reporting requirements are being adhered to and met in an efficient and effective manner.
– Reviewing reports from project patners of CSER and collate reports to submit based on required standards.
– Providing financial report with some analysis and recommendation to be used for Program/management decision making.
Monitoring & Control
– Ensuring that all donor financial requirements in relation to restricted funding contracts are monitored and met.
– Preparing audit process for CSER Project for multi donors
– Ensuring that CSER staff members are well informed and trained on all aspects in financial and project administration policy.
– Assisting in the Monitoring of budget performance of CSER per funding grants sources with clarifying exceptions and variances and make recommendations to improve performance for the next term.
Planning and Budgeting
– Assisting the Project Manager in the preparation of the budget planning, budget modification including its account codes and budgets.
Fixed Assets Management
– Ensuring proper recording of depreciation.
– Conducting the periodic count of fixed assets.
– Reconciling fixed asset register with the Asset list on a periodic basis under coordination with Operations – Country Office.
– Supporting CSER project partners in financial management.
– Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
– Closely coordinating with Finance and Programme team in County Office in regards to the financal reporting submission, document completion and other related financial matters.
– Other duties as assigned.
Over 5 years work experience in finance, accounting/bookkeeping activities, auditing, business administration, or related field.
Experience in an organization with UN/EU/US Grants Standard Provisions and Financial Requirements preferable
Experience in budget preparation and office administration in an international NGO or organization in emergency or relief situations preferable
Experience and proficiency on financial software and reporting systems.
Experience in financial capacity building and mentoring is preferred.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs including Excel, Word and Outlook.
Self-guided, strong organizational and planning skills; Ability to work independently and under pressure.
Ability to manage interpersonal relations and work effectively with others, to establish and maintain good working relations in a multicultural, multiethnic environment while showing sensitivity and respect for diversity.
The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
Proven ability to learn and adapt quickly
Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance or related field or equivalent relevant work experience.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) preferred
This position is opened for Indonesian national only.