J-PAL Southeast Asia, based at the Institute for Economic and Social Research at the University of Indonesia (LPEM FEB UI), seeks qualified applicants for an internship position in J-PAL SEA to support the activities in a vibrant organization undertaking cutting-edge development research. The Intern will work closely with the J-PAL SEA staffs to support a range of financial and administration tasks to support efficient office operations. The successful candidate will be placed at the J-PAL SEA office in the Universitas Indonesia campus in Salemba, Central Jakarta.
The intern will perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Coordinate with Finance Associate in preparing and ensuring all finance supporting documents are complete and valid in line with the J-PAL SEA’s finance policies;
- Administering tax recapitulation, vendor, and activity budget tracker;
- Filing supporting documents, record, and reconciling bank transactions for LPEM in Odoo system;
- Prepare supporting documents for office procurement;
- Maintain a central filing system, inventory of office supplies and asset, and oversee the maintenance of the office equipment and its facilities;
- In close coordination with the Policy and the Research team, the Intern will provide the logistical support as needed for a wide range of training, workshops, and webinars.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree (completed or in progress);
- Excellent management and organizational skills;
- Fluency and excellent communication skills in English and Indonesian;
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, and a team player;
- Proficiency with MS Office applications;
- Willing to work from the office twice a week.
Note on Work Authorization: Intern must have work authorization in Indonesia (either by being an Indonesian national or otherwise).
Expected Hours per Week: 40 hours per Week
Duration: 3 months
Candidate Year: Final Year/ Fresh Graduates
How to Apply
Please send an email to email@example.com before February 28, 2022, following these instructions exactly:
- Use the following as the email subject line “J-PAL SEA Finance & Operations Intern.”
- Attach PDF copies of your CV, diploma (for fresh graduate), academic transcripts, and a cover letter no longer than 500 words. The cover letter should discuss how you meet the position requirements, emphasizing relevant skills and experience, as well as why you are interested in working with J-PAL SEA and how this experience will contribute to fulfilling their future academic and professional plans.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.