J-PAL Southeast Asia, based at the Institute for Economic and Social Research at the University of Indonesia (LPEM FEB UI), seeks qualified applicants for an internship position in J-PAL SEA to support the activities in a vibrant organization undertaking cutting-edge development research. The Intern will work closely with the J-PAL SEA staffs to support a range of financial and administration tasks to support efficient office operations. The successful candidate will be placed at the J-PAL SEA office in the Universitas Indonesia campus in Salemba, Central Jakarta.
The intern will perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Coordinating with the J-PAL SEA finance team to prepare and ensure all finance
supporting documents are complete and valid in line with J-PAL SEA’s finance
- Filing supporting documents, recording transactions, and reconciling bank
transactions using accounting software.
- Collaborating with J-PAL SEA finance team to administer tax and financial reporting.
- Supporting the finance team in generating the monthly financial report.
- Maintaining the knowledge base in collaboration with the J-PAL SEA Finance and Operations team.
- Coordinating with the Operations team to support general operations work at J-PAL
- Assisting the Operations team, in collaborating with the Policy and Research teams,
to provide logistical support for a wide range of training, workshops, and seminars.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree (completed or in progress) in Accounting, Finance, or relevant
- Excellent management and organizational skills;
- Fluency and excellent communication skills in English and Indonesian;
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, and a team player;
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
Note on Work Authorization: Intern must have work authorization in Indonesia (either by being an Indonesian national or otherwise).
Expected Hours per Week: 40 hours per Week
Duration: 3 months
Candidate Year: Final Year/ Fresh Graduates
How to Apply
Please prepare the following documents and fill in this application form by November 30th, 2023:
- PDF copies of your CV, diploma, academic transcripts, and a cover letter no longer than 500 words. The cover letter should discuss how you meet the aforementioned position requirements, emphasizing relevant skills and experience, as well as why you are interested in working with J-PAL SEA and how this experience will contribute to fulfilling your future academic and professional plans. Note that applications with incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Given the volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.