The overall responsibilities of the Finance Officer position are to implement day to day financial activities in YBT Program – Palu Office, maintaining effective financial activities and recorded in YBT Financial System, timely review processes with attention to the quality, ethics, and appropriately. Finance Officer will report any concerning financial issues to Program Manager and assist Operation Manager to prepare pipeline report and other budgetary report. Finance Officer will be working closely with Procurement Officer and requires coordination/communication with YBT program staff as well as managerial, administration and documentation skills. Ability to be flexible in working with all staff and as a part of the team is essential. This position will effectively support cash disbursement to the beneficiaries.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Maintain the financial health of the programs
- Manage and Monitor the day to day financial operations
- Making sure that all financial transaction is processed according to donor requirements and following Indonesian accounting procedure and or generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Ensure that accounting documentations received for bank/cash payments are logged on time and proper coding based on YBT rules and regulation to YBT Financial System.
- Proper control of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports to projects; preparation of all types of vouchers.
- Manages banking relationships and coordinates periodic updates for checking account signers.
- Prepare bank reconciliations.
- Develop periodic analysis on disbursement risks
- Producing financial reports and developing strategies and cash flow plan.
- Develops and maintains reports of status of financial management activities (i.e. monthly and quarterly reporting)
- Working closely with Logistic Officer for ensuring project assets/inventory report is balanced.
- Responsible for ensuring that any/all contractual financial reporting requirements are identified and complied in a timely and accurate manner.
- Reviews advance, commitment, and grant reports as applicable
- Supervise the Field Administration Assistant to check all related documents and to ensure all transaction are in accordance with YBT and Back Donor rules, regulation, and procedure.
- Assist the Operation Manager in overseeing the financial office/ project account.
- Assist the Operation Manager in prompt and accurate financial tracking, record keeping and reporting for all activities in projects to be assigned and ensure that all records are in accordance with standards.
- Assist Program Manager to review request for payment and receipt prior to the approval and ensure correct procedure in the payment process.
- Maintain a filing system for vouchers.
- Communicate and coordinate with Program Staff on financial issues of projects
- Communicate and coordinate with Operation Manager on financial issues of administration, such as payment plan to suppliers and vendor, insurance claims and medical claim.
- Ensures that voucher files are scanned and uploaded to YBT Backup for the Electronic Archival of Financial Documentation.
- Communicate and coordinate with Internal/External Auditor
- To do other tasks for project implementation as required by the Program Manager.
- Preferably Bachelor’s degree in economics majoring Accounting.
- Hold high accountable principle.
- Understand GAAP Practice and Indonesian Financial Accounting Standards
- Minimum 4 years (for Diploma-III) and 2 years (for S-1) relevant experience working in Accounting or Finance area in non-profit organization/sector.
- Experience in preparing the financial statements/reports of nonprofit.
- Computer literate and having the ability in computer skills and various Microsoft Office applications, advance skill in Excel is a must.
- Good English spoken and written communication skills are preferable.
- Educated to graduate degree level and/or can demonstrate equivalent capacity
- Highly motivated and Team player
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision and to handle multi-tasking jobs.
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize workload.
- Willing to travel to the project sites and extend working hours when necessary. Some flexibility in working hours may be required.
- Ability to work in a cultural and gender-sensitive manner, respect diversity in its all forms, including religious minorities, socio-economic situation, sexual orientation and ethnicity, etc.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications should put position refence code in subject, a cover letter that reflecting motivation to join with the team; a CV, including three references; expected gross salary and contact number by 17th February 2020. Please send applications in PDF/MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED