Finance Manager – Jakarta
The YMCI Finance Department (FD) is responsible for all financial functions, including accounting, payments and banking, payroll, budgeting, financial reporting, and grant financial management and compliance. The FD ensures compliance with government and donor regulations as well as YMCI’s internal policies and procedures. In addition, the FD manages the financial aspects of the relationship between Mercy Corps Global (MCG) and performs financial tasks delegated by MCG. In its role as a support to Program teams, the FD provides timely reports and assists YMCI leadership and program managers to ensure that financial resources are used efficiently and effectively. The FD also provides timely and accurate financial reporting and projections to support country-level analysis and planning, and prepares reports for the management and board according to YMCI policy and as needed.
Working in the Finance Department under the direction of the Finance Director, the Finance Manager will ensure the accuracy and completeness of YMCI’s accounting records and will have primary responsibility for managing the monthly accounting cycle.
- A BA/S or equivalent in accounting or finance required; advanced degree preferred;
- At least 4 + years of progressive financial management experience, including supervisory experience required;
- At least 4 years’ experience in grants management required as well as an understanding of USG and other donor regulations preferred;
- At least 3 years’ experience required with an international NGO/PVO field office experience is preferred;
- Demonstrated experience and skill with budget preparation and analysis, financial reporting preparation and presentation and the proven ability to translate technical financial data into informative reports;
- Strong accounting skills and experience, including management of the general ledger, journal entries, payroll, payables and balance sheet;
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel;
- Effective verbal and written communication in Indonesian and English; and multi-tasking, organizational and prioritization skills;
- Ability to work effectively with an ethnically diverse team in a sensitive environment;
- Internationally recognized qualification in project or program management or a commitment to obtain the qualification in the early months of work;
- Knowledge of Sphere standards and other training in humanitarian response preferred.
Vacancy will be closed 10 February 2019 and only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview. We look forward to hearing from those who are interested in taking this opportunity to grow and develop with us.
Human Resources Department
Yayasan Mercy Corps Indonesia