Title: Finance Manager
Reports to: Finance Director
Status: Full-time (contract)
Location: Sukadana, Kalimantan Barat
Alam Sehat Lestari (ASRI) is an innovative planetary health non-profit located in West Kalimantan, Indonesia. It works to conserve the biodiversity of tropical rainforests by meeting the surrounding communities’ health and economic needs. Since 2007, ASRI has worked around Gunung Palung National Park (GPNP), a 108,000-hectare rain forest in West Kalimantan that is home to 5-10% of the world’s remaining orangutans and a watershed for 60,000 people. ASRI Clinic provides high-quality, discounted health care to local communities in exchange for commitments to forest conservation. ASRI is a world-renowned organization that has been recognized with multiple awards globally and within Indonesia including the Whitley Award and Kalpataru Award. Our integrated work with human health and conservation has brought about a dramatic decline in logging. In 2018, ASRI expanded to villages near Bukit Baka Bukit Raya National Park (BBBRNP) in Melawi Regency, West Kalimantan, a 181,090-hectare rainforest in central Borneo, critical for orangutan reintroduction.
To provide high level managerial support for day-to-day financial management in all ASRI’s project sites, monthly financial reporting and work closely with the Finance Director.
- Perform financial management duties including generating monthly consolidated financial reports, compiling and submitting reports, interpreting financial information to the Finance Director while recommending further courses of action.
- Oversee the operations and development of the ASRI’s finance departments including creating and reviewing policies, budgeting, training and conducting regular assessments of financial procedures.
- Leading the team in preparation of quarterly and annual account reconciliations, monitor and enforce compliance with tax and financial reporting standards and assist with cash flow forecasting.
- Preparing the salary journal into the systems and monitoring the donor’s salary charging.
- Advise colleagues and management on decisions related to the ASRI’s finances.
- Supervise the documentation of the company’s financial status and forecasts.
- Supervise the audit process for both institutional and project audits.
- Preparation of budget proposals to donors and supervise the submission of financial reports to the donors.
- Preparation of Annual Budget inline with the approved grants and proposed future activities.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum Bachelors’ degree in accounting or management. Affiliations with relevant professional associations are an advantage. Having tax brevet A & B is an advantage.
- Minimum 2 years of experience at a relevant and same level as a Finance Manager position or 5 years experience in supervisory role in lieu as a Finance Manager.
- Experience in handling multi donors fund and reporting.
- Having experience working at a Public Accounting Firm or Financial Consultancy Firm is desirable.
- Proven technical knowledge and skills in areas as described in the Main Responsibilities / Duties of this position.
- Successful track record of operating in a similar multicultural and fast paced working environment as well as to and manage team and unit at a management level. Proven ability in handling multiple tasks effectively under heavy time and work pressure.
- Proven ability to plan and manage schedules, files / database and working materials as well as to keep confidentiality of documents and information.
- Proven strong attention to details, proactivity, and candidness.
- Strong interest in the development sector and a quick learner.
- Proven strong service orientation, communication, and persuasion skills, and in effectively dealing with clients and stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
- Fluent in written and spoken Bahasa Indonesia and good in written and spoken English. Proven ability to work effectively with Microsoft Office applications relevant to carry out this position.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Please send a cover letter, motivation letter, and resume/CV to both: email@example.com by February 15, 2024. Please use the Finance Manager in the subject line. Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity to contact all applicants, but we will contact you soon if you are chosen for an interview.