SurfAid is a non-profit organization which aims to improve the health, wellbeing and self-reliance of people living in isolated regions connected to us through surfing. SurfAid has worked in four locations in Indonesia: Mentawai Islands District in Sumatra Barat, Nias District in Sumatra Utara, Bima District in NTB and Sumba Barat District in NTT. We work in the areas that are considered the most remote, with limited infrastructure and few community empowerment programs working there.
We are looking for an experienced, accountable person and ethical in making decisions with a great interpersonal skills and able to work well with others, as our:
As part of the Support Team, the Finance Manager is responsible for leading the financial management of SurfAid in Indonesia, accountable for both the head office and field finances, and ensuring its financial system is in accordance with the internationally accepted financial standards of practices and Indonesia’s public accounting standards. This includes safeguarding, systems improvement, providing support to the program teams and guidance to the finance teams.
You are experienced in budgeting, monitoring and reporting and safeguarding. You are expected to be able to balance implementing accountable systems and understanding the situation in the field – especially remote areas. It would be great if you are used to working with small organizations, as you are required to be hands-on as necessary and ready for changes. You are also expected to do field travel to remote locations on a regular basis.
THE QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCES:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting
- More than 10 years’ experience in Finance management in non-profit sector, and in a senior management role
- Adept in financial procedures and systems
- Good working knowledge and practices of Indonesian taxation systems and Indonesian accounting standards
- Experience with managing institutional donor funding requirements
- Experience in leading a team spread over different locations
- Risk averse yet open to calculated risks on new and unusual ideas, and think “outside the box”
- Accountable and ethical in making decisions
- Great interpersonal skills and able to work well with others
- Familiarity with QuickBook finance software (or other financial softwares) is desirable
- Willing to be based in Bali
Get the detailed Position Description and Application Form from this link : Recruitment PACK
If you are a qualified Indonesian citizen and interested to apply, kindly open the Recruitment Pack from the link given and send your downloaded APPLICATION FORM and CV with subject email : “Finance Manager” to firstname.lastname@example.org before August 18, 2022.
SurfAid actively promotes gender and inclusivity. Women and individuals with special needs are encouraged to apply.
We are committed to preventing all unwanted behaviour at work. This includes sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, and child abuse. We expect everyone who works for us to share this commitment by understanding and working within the SurfAid Safeguarding Policies.