RTI International’s Global Health Division is currently accepting applications for a Finance and Operations Director for an anticipated USAID-funded tuberculosis (TB) activity in Indonesia. The new project will assist Indonesia in accelerating achievement toward its 2030 TB elimination targets by improving the quality of TB prevention, care, and treatment for all TB patients. The project will focus on increasing access to quality, integrated, patient-centered TB care, optimizing TB preventive therapy preventing the progression of disease, and strengthening TB service delivery platforms.
The Finance and Operations Director reports to the Chief of Party and is responsible for overseeing the financial, operational and administrative aspects of the program while ensuring compliance with program terms and USAID regulations. This is a full-time position based in Jakarta, Indonesia. Position is contingent upon award and funding.
- Manage all financial and administrative aspects of the project and ensure compliance with RTI and USG financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Develops and oversees the sub-awards and grants to local and international partners, including ensuring all due diligence and reporting according to the award type.
- Responsible for budget development, budget management and monitoring.
- Oversees preparation and submission of monthly financial statements (including expenses, receivable and payables).
- Ensure timely submission of expense reports, bank reconciliations and wire transfer requests to corporate headquarters in the U.S.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual expenditures and prepare pipeline estimates for the project that provide an overview of financial status of the program.
- Prepares cash requirements; monitors cash flow and reconciles cash accounts in order to maintain appropriate cash balances.
- Oversees human resource management, procurement, payroll administration of the project.
- Ensures appropriate financial management systems and record-keeping strategies are in place to properly disburse, account, budget and report funds and have proper internal controls, for central office and any sub-offices.
- Provides technical assistance as required to build financial and grants capacity of local partners and grantees.
- Reviews technical and financial proposals from local partners including negotiating annual budgets and reviews grantee financial expenditure reports for accuracy and adherence to the program and budget.
- Implements and monitors cost effective and efficient systems and procedures.
- Works closely with the Chief of Party and team members to ensure effective use of resources.
- Supervises administrative and financial support team members.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Bachelor’s in business administration, economics, or finance, Master’s preferred
- At least 8 years of experience in U.S. donor-funded financial grants management, with minimum of 5 years of senior-level responsibility for administration and finance managing programs in similar settings.
- Excellent track record of good interpersonal, supervision, leadership and managerial skills.
- Proven expertise in finance, accounting and auditing, monitoring of grant compliance and program decision-making of cost principles, rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated experience working with program technical staff to ensure effective and accurate resource allocation.
- Demonstrated experience in managing international donor-funded sub-grants focusing on risk assessment.
- Excellent track record of accurate and timely reporting to donor agencies, partners and other stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and working knowledge of accounting and procurement software. QuickBooks proficiency preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral presentation communication skills.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills. Must be capable of effective oral and written communication in English.
TO APPLY: Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. This position is contingent upon award and funding. RTI is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. Please apply directly to the following link:
Finance & Grants Director, USAID Accelerate TB Elimination in Indonesia in Jakarta | Careers at Region-Asia; All Locations (icims.com)