Alam Sehat Lestari (ASRI) is an innovative planetary health non-profit located in West Kalimantan, Indonesia that is seeking a Finance and Development Manager to work with us to help save Gunung Palung National Park – one of the biological wonders of the world and improve people’s health. The ASRI Clinic and our future hospital provides high-quality, discounted health care to local communities in exchange for commitments to forest conservation. This work is supported by a portfolio of conservation and community development programs designed to target individual drivers of illegal logging in Gunung Palung. We are seeking a highly motivated, idealist, and enthusiastic team member who can help develop the business efficiency of our planetary health program that includes a small hospital, and organic garden. We also seek someone who can help assist our entrepreneurship program that helps loggers and slash and burn farmers switch to small business. The ideal candidate also has experience with grant-writing and management of direct reports who will do the book-keeping, accounting, and PR work of the Alam Sehat Lestari program. ASRI has a sister organization in the United States called Health In Harmony and the job will require coordination with that team about grants and restricted donations that come through Health In Harmony. Our ideal candidate is ready to move to a relatively small but beautiful and thriving community on the edge of an amazing national park and be part of our family-like team of dedicated professionals.
- Indonesian citizen
- Bachelor or Master Degree
- At least 3 years working experience in management or business.
- Fluent speaking, reading and writing in English
- Grant writing experience.
- Business development experience.
- Ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels
- High integrity, transparency, and openness combined with a commitment to good governance.
- Prepared to move to Sukadana, West Kalimantan for a minimum two-year commitment.
- Strong communication skill for coordinating with a large team (>100 staff).
- Willingness to teach local staff members
- Manage 3-5 direct reports.
- Form a close working relationship with the Executive Director, other Managers, and Health in Harmony Grant Manager.
- Provide leadership to the Board’s Finance and Accounting strategy, to optimise the organization’s financial performance and strategic position.
- Take overall control of the organization’s accounting function
- Contribute fully to the development of organizational strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
- Take lead in writing grant proposals and reports for grants that come directly to ASRI and assist in financial aspects of grants that are written by Health In Harmony’s grant manager.
- Assist program beneficiaries who are developing entrepreneurial businesses.
- Oversee yearly independent audits
- Ensure that organization financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Lead and develop finance and marketing teams being willing to teach them new skills.
- Work with senior teams to grow the organization, formulating strategies and plans.
- Ensure budgeting processes are carried out and reviewed.
- Take ultimate responsibility for the company cash management policies.
- Present annual accounts to donors and boards.
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met.
- Manage organizational policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, disposals, and acquisitions, as appropriate.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including beneficiaries and advisors.
Commensurate with experience.
Submission details:REGISTER/LOGIN to read more, it's FREE