Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child but this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination, and its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood and we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Yayasan Plan International Indonesia is presently implementing its Country Strategy 4 (CS 4) covering fiscal year 2017 to 2022, where the country objective has been defined as “to identify and facilitate the removal of obstacles that prevent children from enjoying their rights and participating fully in Indonesian society”. This goal will be achieved by providing technical support and implementing quality programs and projects through partnership. An effective and efficient communications strategy is a must for Plan Indonesia to share the outcomes of these projects to influence different actors, specially state authorities and to position Plan’s profile within and outside at different levels – starting from community, sub district, district to national, regional and international levels.
Finance Coordinator’ role will be responsible for overall finance tasks in YEE Unit. The position will also take appropriate action in order to assist local partners and staffs under his/her supervision regarding finance matters.
Dimensions of the Role.
- Support YEE Program Manager in the management of Project finance in day-to-day basis.
- Liaise with other PNGOs, agencies and third parties in the Field in relation to financial and administration activities as deemed necessary.
- Liaise with Human Resources relating with keep record of personnel file, leave record, and timesheets.
- Overall supervision of finance staffs under YEE Program Unit.
- Process and facilitates all payments or fund transfers for the projects under YEE Unit.
- Ensure that YPII funds are utilized and accounted for based on generally accepted accounting principles and YPII standards.
- Ensure that transactions are properly coded, and if applicable, expense allocations are properly made.
- Checks payment requests against approved budget lines.
- Follows-up acquittal or liquidation of advances and ensures no advances are given unless the previous advance is acquitted/ liquidated.
- Monitor outstanding PO, GR, MIRO and Partner’s advance in SAP on monthly basis and ensure no outstanding ageing more than 1 month old.
- Undertake basic financial analysis (i.e. budget variance) to support project information needs.
- Work with Program Manager, Grants Accountant and appropriate CO staff in the development of forecast for projects.
- Supervise Field Finance Officer in Partner’s management, including monitor financial reports and track Partner’s compliance requirement
- Act as a liaison for financial management and system development in consultation with PM.
- Control advance liquidity of Partners, including the maintenance of subsidiary ledgers for advances, deposit, instalment payments and withholding tax is in accordance with YPII’s financial and accounting system.
- Ensure filling of all partnership agreements/MOUs, reports and correspondence for the project/contract available in soft and hard copy.
- Prepares regular forecasts of project budget utilization, and monitors the resource allocation and spending of the respective implementing partners.
- Undertake timely partnership financial monitoring visit together with program staff and report on findings.
Planning, Budgeting and Monitoring
- Support Program Manager in create project budgets in SAP, budget revisions if required, and financial closure of a project with close coordination with Senior Finance Project.
- Work with Program Manager, Grants Accountant and appropriate Country Office staff in the development of forecast and budget revisions for projects.
- Prepare monthly budget verse actual report, in donor & local currency, for assigned projects and highlight variances to respective budget holders and ensure corrective action is taken.
- Support the preparation and update of project work plans, budgets and briefs and other documents as necessary.
- Monitor budget expenditures and maintain proper record of approved project budgets and their revisions.
- Ensure appropriate financial controls processes, procedures and systems are in place and adhered to YPII, GOI and Donors regulation.
- Provide financial data during the fieldwork done by internal and external auditor for projects under Humanitarian & Resilience Unit.
- Maintenance of audit action list responses and tracking of follow up actions from Finance and Admin audits.
- Perform other related duties as requested by the supervisor or CFM.
- Senior Finance Project: Direct Supervisor, coordination and collaboration on budgeting, reporting, donor’s compliance, audit and capacity building.
- Program/Project Manager: dotted line structure, coordination, and collaboration on project implementation, project budgeting, KPI standard, reporting, donor’s compliance and audit.
- L&P staffs: coordination and collaboration on project implementation relating with procurement and logistics sector.
- NOs and Auditor: EVR and grants and statutory audit.
- Partners: Coordination on sub-grant project implementation, reporting and compliance.
- Donors: Coordination on project implementation, monitoring and evaluation, donor requirement and audit.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or Finance,
- At least 5 years relevant post qualification preferably in international organizations, INGOs and/or bilateral organisations.
- Working knowledge of English speaking and written skills.
- Computer software skills, including advanced Excel and other accounting packages.
- Experience managing Donor funds, i.e. EU, USAID, AUSAID, SIDA, Irish Aid, and UN Agencies would be preferable.
- Experience in capacity development assistance to non-finance staff or sub grantees.
- SAP or ERP Microsoft 365 experience would be preferable.
- Good training and coaching abilities
- Strong analytical thinking
- Communication skills, appropriate to the audience
- Problem solving
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
- Strong team-building and motivational skills
Plan International’s Values in Practice
We are open and accountable
We create a climate of trust inside and outside the organisation by being open, honest and transparent. We hold ourselves and others to account for the decisions we make and for our impact on others, while doing what we say we will do.
We strive for lasting impact
We strive to achieve significant and lasting impact on the lives of children and young people, and to secure equality for girls. We challenge ourselves to be bold, courageous, responsive, focused and innovative.
We work well together
We succeed by working effectively with others, inside and outside the organisation, including our sponsors and donors. We actively support our colleagues, helping them to achieve their goals. We come together to create and implement solutions in our teams, across Plan International, with children, girls, young people, communities and our partners.
We are inclusive and empowering
We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge inequality in our programmes and our workplace. We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives. We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential.
- Typical office environment in Jakarta, with frequent travel to project locations.
Level of Contact with Children
Mid contact: regular interaction with young people (age from 18 – 29)
All applications will be treated in confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews. Please submit your letter of application and detailed curriculum vitae in English by click https://tinyurl.com/FinanceYEEPlanIndonesia2022 now not later than June 30 , 2022
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy.
As an international child centred community development organisation, Yayasan Plan International Indonesia is fully committed to promoting the realisation of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Yayasan Plan International Indonesia believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for. Our organisation is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organisational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.
- Salary Offer 10.000.000 - 13.000.000 IDR