Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. In Indonesia, Plan International operates since 1969, and in 2017 Yayasan Plan International Indonesia (Plan Indonesia) was established as national entity of Plan International in Indonesia. Plan Indonesia is currently implementing its Country Strategy 4 (CS 4) covering fiscal year 2018 to 2022, where the country purpose is in line with the global Plan International’s Purpose “to advance children rights and equality for girls”. Our ambition is to enable at least 1 million girls and young women to learn (gain skills for work), lead (empower to take action on issues that matter to them), decide (have control over their own lives and bodies) and thrive (grow healthy and protected from violence). It means that we will take actions to identify and facilitate the removal of obstacles that prevent children, especially girls, and young women from enjoying their rights and participating fully in Indonesian society. This goal will be achieved by implementing quality programmes and projects as well as influencing decision makers and key stakeholders to make the required changes. From July 2022, Plan Indonesia starting to implement its country strategy 5 (CS5) that cover fiscal year 2023-2027.
Finance Controller responsible to provide efficient and effective support to the CO and country’s accounting, treasury, financial and internal control practices/ systems, the maintenance of financial records and the preparation of financial reports to our stakeholders both internal and external.
Dimensions of the Role
Finance Controller will provide permanent support to in – country Finance teams in order to improve overall transparency and accountability in YPII’s external financial reporting. These includes:
- Oversees the functions of accounting and ensures records are kept properly.
- Improving and streamlining the accounting system and its operations.
- Ensuring compliance with regulation.
System, Accounting & Treasury
- Perform and review accurate postings in the corporate financial system, SAP (later will be transitioned to Microsoft Dynamic 365), and ensure monthly exports are submitted timely.
- Manage general ledgers and cash management processes.
- Ensure schedule for all balance sheet items are reconciled on timely basis and those reconciliations and trial balances are reviewed with CFM.
- Monitor and ensure inter-company accounts cleared before month end.
- Follow up the monthly GL close and ensure the closing is compliance with the timetable set up by GH.
- Supervise all country office bank relations and bank account activities including negotiation of fees, interest and currency exchange rates.
- Keep and update bank details and bank accounts signatories for the country.
- Oversee the timely preparation, review and approval of all monthly bank account and cash reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly cash flow based on forecasts and develop a plan to minimize exposure to currency gains and losses.
- Supervise the preparation of Cash Transfer Requests to GH and ensures that appropriate bank balances are maintained to facilitate grant implementation.
- Maintain and improve finance’s document filling system both hard and soft copy and liaise with storage/warehouse company for effective and efficient document keeping and retrieval.
Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Perform monthly end closure processes, including cleaning open items in SAP and reconciled AP, AR, and Accruals.
- Prepare balance sheet, trail balance, bank target balance and bank reconciliations report on monthly basis.
- Prepare regulatory reporting required by the GOI (statutory audit and tax filling).
- Prepare Year-End Packs and Schedules and ensure timely submission as per Global’s timetable.
Internal Financial Controls
- Ensure appropriate financial controls processes, procedures and systems are in place and adhered to YPII’s rules and regulations.
- Analyse the Trial Balance accounts and ensure that the balance sheet, income and expense accounts are properly coded.
- Validate and make sure that balance sheet accounts such as advances and payables are up-to-date and cleared on time. Follow up justification for significant cash balances.
- Work closely with CFM and auditors on financial reviews and year-end audits;
- Follow up finance-related audit actions for the Country Office.
- Preparing tax payments for state treasury.
- Estimating and tracking tax returns.
- Completing regular (quarterly and annual) tax reports.
- Organize and update the YPII’s financial statements as required.
- Liaising with the Tax Office and other regulatory bodies when required.
- Manage the distribution of e-Bupot of vendors and consultant on time.
- Ensure full compliance with local regulatory and tax legislation in respect of financial matters.
Statutory Audit Compliance
- Ensure full compliance with statutory audit report.
- Lead statutory audit processes by ensuring all supporting document required are available and updated; and liaise with external auditor on all questions that may arise during audit processes.
Training and Staff Management
- Develop, coach and motivate a high performing finance control team.
- Ensure comprehensive and constructive performance reviews are completed on a timely basis and facilitate discussion of performance and career options within his/her team with CFM.
- Support CFM to oversee training and technical support to country program, logistics and administrative staff for skills improvement in the areas of accounting, reporting and internal control.
- Ensure appropriate financial controls processes, procedures and systems are in place and adhered to in the Country Office.
- Ensure management of financial documents filling system efficient and complete.
- Be a focal person in Country’s Common Framework Audit (CFA) exercise.
- Perform other related duties as requested by CFM.
- Finance Project: Coordination and collaboration related with project management on finance, accounting, reporting, and internal control procedure.
- Program and Project Manager: Coordination and collaboration related with project management on finance, budgeting, reporting and internal control procedure.
- People and Culture Manager: Coordination and collaboration related with HR administration & HR activities (Payroll, tax compliance PPH-21, Schedule C24 Report).
- Risk and Compliance Manager: Coordination on internal control and audit planning.
- Banks: Coordination on banking arrangement (updated threshold and bank facilities), transaction processes, and audit requirement.
- Insurance company: Coordination on pension fund management.
- Tax agency: Coordination on tax reporting required for the organization.
- Tax consultant: Coordination on tax compliance
- External auditor: Coordination on annual statutory audit process.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least 5 years’ relevant post qualification experience with supervisory experience.
- Working knowledge of written and spoken English.
- In depth knowledge of financial systems, financial management and reporting.
- Proficient in computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications, e.g. word-processing, spreadsheet, database, web-based system.
- SAP and Microsoft Dynamic 365 experience would be preferable.
- Strong management skills
- Analytical thinking
- Communication skills, appropriate to the audience
- Problem solving
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
- Professional certificate in accounting such as CPA.
- Have tax certification/skills.
- Good training and coaching abilities.
- Strong team-building and motivational skills.
- Strong negotiating, facilitating and influencing skills.
Based at Country Office with at least 20% travel to projects areas, government offices and partner organization both in office, on the field and during humanitarian settings.
Level of contact with children
Low contact: Very rare interaction with children
Yayasan Plan International Indonesia Values in Practice
We Are Lasting Impact
We strive to achieve significant and lasting impact on the lives of children and young people, and to secure equality for girls. We challenge ourselves to be bold, courageous, responsive, focused and innovative.
We Are Equal, Inclusive, Empowering
We respect all people, value diversity, and uphold equality in the scope of our programs and workplace.
We are transparent and accountable.
We create working climate and partnership that is trusting, honest, transparent and accountable for the decisions we make and the impact our work has on our stakeholders
We Are Smart & Lifelong Learning
At any time, there are always new things that we can know and learn therefore we are eager to seek knowledge that is useful for ourselves and the organization.
We are adaptive and innovative
We are aware that existing problems and future challenges cannot always be solved with a conventional mindset, so we are constantly innovating in search of new breakthroughs.
We prioritize collaboration
We collaborate with various parties, both internally and externally, based on good faith and the principles of partnership that apply in the organization to achieve common goals.
Taking Measured-Risk: We dare to take measured risks to be superior and at the forefront.
We realize that risk is part of decision making, so being brave for taking measured risk is the key for us to be able to keep moving forward to be superior and at the forefront.
All applications will be treated in confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews. Please submit your letter of application and detailed curriculum vitae in English by click https://tinyurl.com/FinanceControlerPlan2022 not later than November 30, 2022
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy.
As an international child centred community development organisation, Yayasan Plan International Indonesia is fully committed to promoting the realisation of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Yayasan Plan International Indonesia believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for. Our organisation is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organisational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.
- Salary Offer 18.900.000 - 21.000.000 IDR