Environmental Bamboo Foundation / EBF is a non-profit foundation engaged in the development and improvement of the quality of bamboo for people’s livelihood and welfare by implementing a sustainable management system and community-based empowerment.
EBF was founded in 1993 by Linda Garland (Indonesian Bamboo Ambassador) under the name Yayasan Bambu Lingkungan Lestari (Environmental Sustainable Bamboo Foundation). Concurred with the establishment of EBF, the Bamboo Planting Program in the Flores region was initiated in 1992 as a form of post-earthquake recovery activity in Flores. In 1995, in collaboration with the Government of East Nusa Tenggara (NTT), EBF launched the One Million Bamboo Planting Program in Flores.
The scope of EBF’s activities includes community empowerment supported by research on bamboo with its supporting components, both in terms of socio-economic, environmental, as well as supporting science. In 2017, at the UNCCC – COP 23, EBF launched the 1,000 Bamboo Villages Initiative program. The 1,000 Bamboo Villages Initiative program is aiming to create a Restoration Economy where people, especially rural farming communities can actively restore degraded and make a very good economy for themselves their families and their communities in the process
The 1,000 Bamboo Villages Initiative program allows farmer cooperatives to produce value-added bamboo products, at the village level, by creating an integrated forest to the factory production system. Through the initiative EBF has developed a bamboo forestry system called the Hutan Bambu Lestari / HBL system (Sustainable Bamboo Forests system) which is a community-based bamboo forestry system to sustain a sustainable bamboo industry in Indonesia. The 1,000 Bamboo Villages Initiative program is a holistic system where native species are reintroduced to degraded lands and set aside areas for food crops and cash crops within a larger agroforestry reality.
Environmental Bamboo Foundation believes that to successfully execute the 1,000 Bamboo Villages vision, there are Six Key Pathways that will have to be activated;
The First Pathway, Resource Investment and Mobilization, is to ensure investment in village-level bamboo industry is attractive to the financial sector and Bamboo Villages are a bankable asset class.
The Second Pathway, Grow Network of Resilient Bamboo Villages, is to ensure optimal, long-term utilization of the landscape through establishing bamboo agroforestry systems that are socially, financially, ecologically resilient.
The Third Pathway, Build Digital Business Solutions for Bamboo Agroforestry, is to digitalize bamboo agroforestry industry for increased efficiency, professionalization and connectivity.
The Fourth Pathway, Ensure Market Access Through Sustainable Certification, is to ensure acceptability to market through an affordable verification of sustainably sourced bamboo and agroforestry products.
The Fifth Pathway, Govern Bamboo Agroforestry Value Chains, is to partner with key market players to ensure good governance and create a trusted, transparent equitable value chain for bamboo agroforestry products.
The Sixth Pathway, Strengthen Public Sector Support, is to ensure bamboo agroforestry industry is supported by key policy development and a regulatory environment that enables a restorative economic growth of the sector
For this purpose, EBF invites experienced, energetic and passionate professional who has growth mindset to join EBF’s Team in establishing 1.000 Bamboo Villages as FINANCE COMPTROLLER.
Objectives of this Role
Ensure that the recording and reporting of financial transactions is carried out in accordance with applicable accounting standards and principles as well as the realization of a competitive procurement process that optimally supports the company’s competitive advantage.
- Ensuring the reliability and timeliness of the EBF’s final financial reporting in accordance with the reporting period.
- Carry out financial statement analysis and provide up-to-date financial projection information for consideration by the Executives Board to ensure the smooth operation of the yayasan.
- Influencing and giving consideration to related parties in the context of implementing financial / accounting and tax policies so as to achieve control, compliance and efficiency.
- Ensure the provision of financial information and analysis related to investment decision making and the fulfillment of working capital.
- Facilitating relations with financial institutions for the realization of good relations and smooth realization of plans.
- Ensure the systematic reliability and format of the preparation and adjustment of budgets and analysis related to budget evaluation.
- Ensure the completion of the EBF’s procurement strategy and policy.
- Ensuring the fulfillment of the competence of financial personnel in all EBF work units.
Line of Reporting
This position works under the guidance and direct supervision of the Executives Board of Environmental Bamboo Foundation / EBF.
- Minimum bachelor degree in accounting / finance.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in nonprofit accounting
- Experience in managing public or nonprofit funds
- Expertise in Excel and QuickBooks and superb attention to detail.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to work collaboratively
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Positive attitude and willingness to support others where needed.
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends, if required.
- Ability to travel.
To apply for this position please submit your CV to: email@example.com no later than 28 February 2021. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.