The Zoological Society of London is an international wildlife conservation organization with a focus on science-based and pragmatic solutions. ZSL has been active in Indonesia for about 10 years, with a particular focus on the overlap between industrial development and biodiversity conservation. ZSL’s Indonesia is based in Bogor, West Java, with existing field projects in Jambi and South Sumatera.We are now looking for:
Terms and Condition
Start Date : November, 2017
Duration of Contract : One year fix- term Contract, with potential to extend
Work Area : The Finance Assistant will be based in Palembang, South
Hours of Work : Monday to Friday from 09.00 am up to 05.00 pm
Reporting to : Palembang – Operations Manager
Key Purpose of the Job
The Palembang Finance Assistant will be responsible for the management of finance in Palembang office and responsible for the availability financial data and records for Palembang financial statement. S/he will ensure accurate and reporting of financial transactions in Palembang office and all transactions are in compliance with ZSL standard operating procedures and the contractual agreement with UK government.
This position is part of the UKCCU/NICFI Project staffing in South Sumatra.
The UKCCU/NICFI Project works with the Government of South Sumatra, national and district level governments, communities and the private sector to facilitate and support the government, private sector and local communities, to establish and pilot the sustainable landscape management partnership approach in the Sembilang-Dangku landscape of South Sumatra. The proposed impact of this project is to achieve “Inclusive economic growth and community prosperity, biodiversity conservation, forest protection and restoration, and the ending of deforestation, peatland drainage and wildfires that reduces land-based GHG emissions”.
1. Prepare vouchers of any payment requests ensure they are supported by proper and sufficient
documentation, followed set procedures and are within the policies of ZSL
2. Manage and review the staff advance request and their settlement
3. Update and maintain financial records of operation, including accurate record expenditures, in
line with ZSL Financial Standards
4. Ensure that monthly cash flow is provided in detail, accurately and reported to Finance
5. Responsible for cash management, including petty cash, reconciliation and request for
6. Responsible for Journal input and reporting for finance report to accounting systems
7. Monitor spending funds within limits and appropriate approvals
8. Maintain clear audit trail for all transactions
9. Perform any other duties as required
The job requires continued professional internal and external interaction/ communications, both in person and via phone and email
The position will require close attention to detail in all aspect of the project and therefore concentration on the work in hand – precision and accuracy being vital attributes.
The position will be relatively routine in terms of day-to-day tasks during office hours – however sometimes e.g. during field trips or when a workshop is being organized the next day, some flexibility in working hours may be required.
Expectations of Job Holder
• To ensure that the policy for equality of opportunity is adhered to and promoted in all
aspects of the post holder’s work.
• To ensure effective quality control and continuous improvement in all aspects of the work and
responsibilities attached to this post.
• Demonstrate professionalism towards sensitive and confidential information.
• To comply with and promote Health and Safety policies and procedures and to undertake
recommended Health and Safety training as and when necessary.
• To be committed to professional self-development, through participation in in-service training
as necessary for the successful carrying out of the job.
• To undertake such other duties as are commensurate with the grade of the post.
NB: This job description is designed to outline a range of main duties that may be encountered. It is not designed to be an exhaustive list of tasks and can be varied in consultation with the post holder in order to reflect changes in the job or the organisation.
A. Qualifications & Experience
• Minimum Diploma’s degree in Accounting
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar position
• Self-motivated and resourceful, with the proven ability to multi-task and operate successfully
under tight deadlines and time pressures
• Lives in Palembang, South Sumatera
• Sound knowledge of Accounting process and procedure.
• Basic knowledge of government regulation related financial issues
C. Skills & Abilities
• Computer literacy (excellent IT skills); competent in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and
other MS tools.
• Able to work independently without supervision but also accustomed to working in a team.
• Good communications skills – able to express complex information in a simple and succinct
• Self-starter, pro-active and uses initiative – can work independently and priorities own work
• Preferably a high level of written and spoken English.
• High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
• Flexible and able to work under pressure and often to tight deadlines; including an ability to
• Highly motivated.
• Willing to work at any circumstances both independently or in a group, such as in remote areas
with very limited facilities.
• Excellent in writing skills and oral communication both in Indonesian and English.
• Able to deal with tight schedule and unscheduled tasks, and target oriented