The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 190 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
Find out more on: www.ifrc.org
The International Federation-Country Cluster Support Team (CCST) for Indonesia and Timor Leste is looking for qualified candidates to fill the following position:
Classification Level: Assistant
Posting Period : 12 – 25 September 2018
Duty Station: Jakarta
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Contract Duration: 1 year (possible extension)
To assist the Finance Manager in performing all key general financial duties and provides finance support service to the Country Cluster Support Team and to Partner National Societies.
Finance Assistant will assist the Finance manager in managing, processing and troubleshooting various account and transactions, in accordance with Federation standard procedures, policies, and regulation.
Finance assistant contributes to the achievement of the Federation Strategy for Implementation 4 to “ensure a strong IFRC that is effective, credible and accountable” and the role demands strict adherence to the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies’ Code of Conduct.
Job duties and responsibilities
Support to the Country Cluster Support Team (CCST)
• Verify and process all the Indonesia and Timor Leste document according to the Federation policies; ie: ensure they are approved by the program manager, using correct coding, attached with valid supporting documents (purchase request, quotation, competitive bid analysis, purchase order, contract, goods received note) etc.
• Prepare bank transactions for all currency (IDR/CHF) and process all relevant task related to banking
• Process payments by the due date and stamp “Paid” payments that are disbursed
• Create bank payment transactions via electronic transfer.
• Make sure any bank charge charged, entry to relevant bank instruction
• Seek the approval from the Finance Manager and relevant authorising managers before processing payment in accordance with the Federation policy
• Monitor the bank balance and ensure funds are available to process payments
• Prepare Declaration letter to SCB & manage ceiling USD provided by Indonesia Government
• Provide support if any bank modification on SCB for IFRC & PNS’s
• Maintenance Field Bank Account – IFRC & PNS’s
Accountancy and month end closing
• Ensure all original document filled in two version, photocopy and scan document
• Ensure all signed document uploaded in the system
Working Advance (National Society, delegate & national staff)
• Process working advance (WA) to National Society, delegates/local staff on time
• Reconcile the clearance of working advances according to Federation finance procedure (WA slip is signed when the money is given & returned, mission request form attached as evidence for request of WA for staff, reconciliation approved by budget holder and authorised persons, etc)
• Prepare Staff advance confirmation by end of the month.
• Maintain an efficient and up to date filling of working advance system to National Societies in accordance with Federation procedure.
• Convert YTD actual into budget template by 14th next month
• Additional duties as assigned by the Finance Manager.
• Provide support in case of long term vacancies, absence or illness to ensure finance services’ continuity.
• Advise proactively the Finance Manager on systems and process improvement that will contribute to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the accounting tasks.
1. Academic Background minimal Diploma or degree in Finance/Accounting
2. Minimal 1 year of working experience in accounting role and finance
3. Work experience of working for the Red Cross/Red Crescent movement is preferred
4. Experience of working for a humanitarian aid organization in developing country is preferred.
5. Good knowledge of MS Office
6. Ability to work as a part of a team with diverse cultural context
7. Proven written and verbal communication skills in English
Only candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to apply.