OPM is a global organisation whose mission is to work for a fairer world. Fundamental to this is delivering successful projects, meeting our end clients’ needs and our own internal commitments. OPM is keen to further develop the ‘fit-for-purpose’ Project Management capability needed to deliver consistently successful projects regardless of size or complexity.
We are seeking a Finance Assistant for an initial 6 month contract (likely to be extended to 12 months) for our Indonesia (Jakarta) office. The purpose of this role is to support the delivery of the Low Carbon Development Initiative Phase 2 (LCDI2) Programme implemented by OPM, by supporting the Finance & Operation team to run the Programme efficiently and effectively.
Key objectives for this role include providing finance support for LCDI2 and being responsible for day-to-day project tasks under the supervision of the Programme Finance & Operations Manager or the respective Programme Manager. The successful candidate will maintain accurate financial and accounting records in compliance with OPM and Programme policies and assist with financial reporting, bank reconciliations, or other related duties.
Day to day responsibilities for this role will include (not exhaustive):
- Carry out daily project related activities with finance, accounting and tax.
- Check all invoices, bills and expenses claims received from suppliers, staff and external consultants for correctness, completeness, and compliance.
- Keep up to date invoice register and make sure all payments are processed in alignment with approval matrix guideline.
- Prepare Payment Authorisation Forms (PAF) with accurate coding of all programme related payments within the agreed timeline upon receipt of invoice and submit to Programme Finance and Operations Manager for review and further process.
- In the absence of FOO, entry payment transaction in banking system and send notification including the supporting documents and files to the bank approvers.
- Regularly update all project expenses and receipts are scanned and kept properly for Audit trail.
- Be responsible for reconciliation of the project suppliers advance accounts on a timely manner.
- Assist project procurement processes such as sourcing of suppliers, call of quotations.
- Assist the process of obtaining Due Diligence clearance for suppliers and subcontractors.
- Set up new suppliers in line with OPM Process on internal systems.
- Assist Programme Finance & Operations Manager and Programme Manager to prepare monthly fund request, and submit to Country Finance & Operations Manager upon approval.
- Assist the programme team for any programme audits, should they arise
Candidates must display the below essential skills, knowledge and experience in order to be considered at the shortlisting stage:
- Pre-existing right to work in Indonesia, based in Jakarta or in its vicinity (no relocation payments or sponsorship available).
- Bachelor’s degree (S1) in business administration/general management is preferable.
- Demonstrable and strong experience handling finance.
- Sound knowledge of finance principles, tax compliance is preferable.
- Willingness to work on a tight schedule and meet essential deadlines, and across different time zones.
- Excellent numeracy, computer skills (especially on Microsoft Excel is a must) and knowledge on usage of web-based software is beneficial. Key attention to details and accuracy is must.
- Good English language skills, (both spoken and written) and know how to communicate well with the team.
- Demonstrable enthusiasm, drive, presence and self-motivation.
- Ability to work co-operatively and confidently with all stakeholders.
- Must possess good attitude and ethical behaviours in dealing with all stakeholders.
- Commitment to work following OPM’s values: The way we work together, to deliver this mission, is characterized by our core values of: collaboration and mutual support; integrity and respect; trust, empowerment and accountability
How to Apply
If you meet the skills and qualifications above, we would really like to hear from you. Please apply before the deadline with an updated CV through the link: Finance Assistant (recruitive.com). We look forward to receiving your application.