The Zoological Society of London is an international wildlife conservation organization with a focus on science-based and pragmatic solutions. ZSL has been active in Indonesia for about 10 years, with a particular focus on the overlap between industrial development and biodiversity conservation. ZSL Indonesia is based in Bogor, West Java, with existing field projects in Jambi and South Sumatera. We are now looking for:
ZSL Indonesia is a highly diverse programme with projects involving climate change, public-private-people partnerships, sustainable landscape management, in addition to species conservation (namely the Sumatran tiger), protected area management, and combatting wildlife crime.
We are now looking for:
Terms and Condition
Start Date : September 2018
Duration of Contract : One-year fix- term Contract, with potential to be extended
Work Area : Bogor, West Java.
Key Purpose of the Job
The Finance Assistant will support Finance in daily activities and ensure the finance transactions are recorded and following the finance regulation.
Responsibility for Resources
The Finance Assistant will report directly to Finance Coordinator and indirectly to the Head of Operations. S/he will work closely with Finance and Accounting Officer, and Finance Assistants in site offices.
Main duties and key responsibilities
1. Book and record all field offices transactions (expenditures) completed with supporting documents according to the accounting system applied
2. Verify the accuracy of calculations and the completeness of supporting documents of staff expenditure report, including staff travel expenses report
3. Establish and maintain cash controls
4. Prepare all transfers and payments to third parties, including check and verify all incoming invoices
5. Conduct routine petty cash count
6. Work with internal and external auditor when necessary
7. Prepare voucher, and review the invoice or payment request for accuracy, allocability, allowability. Ensuring each procurement document is complete and in accordance with Project Manual/SOP ensuring appropriate approval and backup documentation for each voucher.
8. Petty Cash Management. Maintaining the daily record of petty cash book, payments, and preparing the reconciliation weekly and monthly
9. Document Filing. Maintaining orderly filing system of all financial documents and reports.
10. Assist in the preparation of month-end financial reports to be sent to Headquarters.
11. Perform any other finance duties as required.
• The job requires constant internal and external interaction/communications, both in person and via phone and email, with ZSL staff colleagues in the Bogor office and project colleagues in Jambi and Palembang.
• This position will require the ability to focus on the work at hand, prioritize tasks, and pay close attention to detail; for this reason, precision and accuracy are vital attributes.
• The position will be relatively routine in terms of day-to-day tasks during office hours – however sometimes e.g. when a workshop/meeting is being organized the next day, some flexibility in working hours may be required.
• This post is office-based at ZSL Indonesia’s headquarters in Bogor but may require time in the field and some travel nationally and internationally.
Qualifications & Experience
• Associate degree in accounting, finance, business administration and similar degree
• Minimum of 3 years accounting experience, preferably with an international or local NGO
• Demonstrate careful attention to detail.
• Excellent proficiency with knowledge of Microsoft Office (mainly in excel); familiar with financial software
• Demonstrate ability to handle a heavy workload and changing priorities and tasks under strict deadlines.
• Excellent communications and personal management skills, ability to relate to people at all levels of an organization with different multi-cultural backgrounds.
• Strong interest and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Fluency in English is required
• Knowledge of Accounting, Finance & Tax regulation
• Knowledge of Quick-books/Sun-Systems financial accounting package or similar financial reporting software a plus
Skills & Abilities
• Computer literacy (excellent IT skills); competent in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and other MS tools, including the ability in operating Quick Books or other Accounting Software
• Able to work independently without supervision but also accustomed to working in a team.
• Good communications skills – able to express complex information in a simple and succinct manner.
• Self-starter, pro-active and uses initiative – can work independently and priorities own work load.
• Preferably a medium level of written and spoken English.
• Demonstrate careful attention to detail.
• Flexible and able to work under pressure and often to tight deadlines; including an ability to prioritize jobs.
• Highly motivated.
• Willing to work at any circumstances both independently or in a group, such as in remote areas with very limited facilities.
• Good in writing skills and oral communication both in Indonesian and English.
• Able to deal with tight schedule and unscheduled tasks and target oriented.