CWS Indonesia – Jakarta Office
FINANCE ASSISTANT – 1 position based in Jakarta
CWS/Indonesia (https://cwsglobal.org/our-work/asia/indonesia/) is an international relief, development, and refugee assistance agency that has been operating in Indonesia for many years under an agreement with the Ministry of Social Affairs. CWS Indonesia is the field office of CWS, Inc., headquartered in New York. CWS assists the most vulnerable, regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity, or gender. CWS works with partners to eradicate hunger and poverty and to promote peace and justice around the world.
CWS Indonesia is currently focusing on 3 main program areas:
- Refugee Protection
- Humanitarian response and disaster risk reduction / management
- Food security and nutrition
I. THE ROLE
The Finance Assistant position is required to support CWS financial tasks / activities in the office and program in Indonesia. The Finance Assistant should assist the Finance Director and Senior Finance Officer with all reporting and communication concerning the CWS Indonesia’s financial issues. The position also requires good administration and documentation skills, as well as good coordination and communication with all staff and support staff. Being reliable, able to control him/herself, diligent, discreet, and meticulous, and have the ability to be flexible in working with all staff across Indonesia and as part of the team is essential.
II. RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
1. Financial Management
- Prepare and handle all the dispersing funds to all staff and third parties.
- Prepare and handle all payments (Cashier) to suppliers, vendors, beneficiaries, staff (travel and other related advances), etc.
- Monitor reports from staff in terms of financial settlement.
- Log all transactions / documents / cash payments based on CWS Indonesia rules, regulations and process.
- Monitor and prepare cash flow as requested by the Finance Director and Senior Finance Officer
- Monitor the completeness of procurement steps including forms, before doing any transactions / payments.
- Review requests for payment and receipt prior to the approval and processing of payment or receipt.
- Provide support for any external audit or evaluation related to the projects that staff handle and follow up with necessary action as required.
- Maintain financial report and banking system.
- Assisting in the preparation of various tax forms, including payment and report.
- Maintain a filing system for Vouchers.
2. Communication, Coordination, and Internal Communication
- Communicate with different stakeholders in financial and accounting issues if requested by the Finance Director and Senior Finance Officer.
- Communicate and coordinate with Program Staff on financial issues of projects.
- Communicate and coordinate with operations on financial related issues of operations, such as payment to consultants, suppliers and vendor, insurance premium payment, Jamsostek and BPJS Kesehatan request for payment, etc.
- Do other tasks for project implementation as required by the Senior Finance Officer and Finance Director.
- Maintain confidentiality in matters of personnel, beneficiaries and other relevant actors.
- Maintain positive communications with all organization’s staff, donors, beneficiaries, and volunteers.
- Exercise good judgment in performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Support existing CWS’ policies, principles, and mission.
- Having the diploma or degree in Economics majoring in Accountancy,
- Having minimum two years experiences in accounting field, preferably in INGO or International Organizations,
- Ability to work in a cultural and gender-sensitive manner, respect diversity in its all forms, including religious minorities, socio-economic situation, sexual orientation and ethnicity, etc.,
- Ability to work in a team and/or independently with minimum supervision and to handle multitasking work,
- Good communication skill in both spoken and written Bahasa Indonesia and English,
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize workload,
- Good computer skills, including internet communication and various Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and Power point),
- Willing to work extra hours if required,
- Willing to travel/visit to project sites as requested,
- Discreet, meticulous, attention to details, and truthful,
- Good interpersonal and communication skills,
- Able to manage petty cash and financial transactions,
- Experience in preparing the financial statements/reports,
- Having the understanding of finance work ethic/ finance regulation.
CWS does not discriminate based on race, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services. Please be informed that the job is in Jakarta area and CWS does not provide accommodation nor travel arrangement for selected individual.
CWS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and Adults at Risk and reference to the need, the successful applicant may need to undertake a criminal record check where appropriate.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as interviews will be conducted soon. Please note that due to the urgency to fill-up this vacancy, only shortlisted candidates will receive notification on next steps.
Application should include a cover letter, reflecting suitability with qualification, and a curriculum vitae, which includes contact number, expected net salary and contacts of 3 professional referees (one must be from HR Department). The document should be merged and submitted in PDF, not more than 2 MB, to https://forms.gle/k457MKsfTG4DzWMMA by 4th December 2023 at the latest.