CWS/Indonesia www.cws-asia.org is an international relief, development, and refugee assistance agency that has been operating in Indonesia for many years under an agreement with the Ministry of Social Affairs. CWS Indonesia is the field office of CWS, Inc., headquartered in New York. CWS assists the most vulnerable, regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity, or gender. CWS works with partners to eradicate hunger and poverty and to promote peace and justice around the world.
CWS is implementing a UNHCR-funded program in Jakarta that assists refugees and asylum seekers to access basic services such as health care and provides skills training and education programs.
I. THE ROLE
The Finance Assistant position is required to support CWS financial tasks / activities in the office and program in Jakarta. The Finance Assistant should assist the Program Manager and Senior Finance Officer with all reporting and communication concerning the program’s financial issues. The position also requires good administration and documentation skills, as well as good coordination and communication with all staff and support staff. Being reliable, able to control him/herself, diligent, discreet, and meticulous, and have the ability to be flexible in working with refugees and as part of the team is essential.
II. RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Financial Management
- Prepare and handle all the dispersing funds to all staff and third parties.
- Prepare and handle all payments (Cashier) to suppliers, vendors, beneficiaries, staff (travel and other related advances), etc.
- Monitor reports from staff in terms of financial settlement.
- Log all transactions / documents / cash payments based on CWS Indonesia rules, regulations and process.
- Monitor and prepare cash flow as requested by the Program Manager and Senior Finance Officer
- Monitor the completeness of procurement steps including forms, before doing any transactions / payments.
- Review requests for payment and receipt prior to the approval and processing of payment or receipt.
- Provide support for any external audit or evaluation related to the projects that staff handle and follow up with necessary action as required.
- Maintain financial report and banking system.
- Maintain a filing system for Vouchers.
- Communication, Coordination, and Internal Communication
- Communicate with different stakeholders in financial and accounting issues if requested by the Program Manager and Senior Finance Officer.
- Communicate and coordinate with Program Staff on financial issues of projects.
- Communicate and coordinate with administration on financial related issues of administration, such as payment to suppliers and vendor, insurance claims and medical claim.
- Do other tasks for project implementation as required by the Senior Finance Officer.
- Maintain confidentiality in matters of personnel, beneficiaries and other relevant actors
- Maintain positive communications with all organization’s staff, donors, beneficiaries, and volunteers
- Exercise good judgment in performance of duties and responsibilities
- Support existing CWS’ policies, principles, and mission
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
- Having diploma or degree in Economics majoring Accounting,
- Having minimum two years experiences in accounting field preferably in INGO or International Organizations,
- Ability to work in a cultural and gender-sensitive manner, respect diversity in its all forms, including religious minorities, socio-economic situation, sexual orientation and ethnicity, etc.,
- Ability to work in a team and/or independently with minimum supervision and to handle multitasking work,
- Good communication skill in both spoken and written Bahasa Indonesia and English,
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize workload,
- Good computer skills, including internet communication and various Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and Power point)
- Willing to work extra hours if required
- Willing to travel/visit to project sites as requested
- Discreet & Meticulous
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to manage petty cash and financial transactions
- Experience in preparing the financial statements/reports
- Have the ability to work in meticulous, detail manner and truthful
- Have an understanding of finance work ethic/ finance regulation