The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 191 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
Find out more on: www.ifrc.org
The International Federation-Country Cluster Support Team (CCST) for Indonesia and Timor Leste is looking for qualified candidates to fill the following position:
FINANCE AND ADMINSITRATION OFFICER
Posting Period: 30 September – 13 October 2018
Duty Station: Jakarta
Classification Level: Officer
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Contract Duration: 12 (twelve) months
The Finance and Administration Officer, under overall supervision of the Senior Finance and Administration Manager of CCST Jakarta, is responsible for overall delivery of financial and administrative support to the Lombok earthquake operations team ensuring the proper use of Federation resources according to established procedures. S/he will support the work of Earthquake operations to ensure the response operate effectively and efficiently.
Job duties and responsibilities
• Effectively manage the administration of the Lombok earthquake operation set up remotely from Jakarta with frequent travels to Lombok
• Anticipating needs, taking initiatives, identifying new systems and ways to improve the overall effectiveness and ensure the smooth functioning of the administration.
• Implement the Administration procedure appropriately in the field.
• Validate and reconcile supplier’s invoices for any procurement payment under the guidance of CCST Jakarta office.
• Organize and prepare meetings for the operation at Jakarta and Lombok level, defining/designing the best support package and planning the necessary components including detailed timings, venue and other considerations.
• Manage accommodation for LEO staff and IFRC visitors in Jakarta and Lombok, assist to find a suitable accommodation, arranging housing equipment, maintaining inventory and leasing with the agents on behalf of the delegate.
• Act as focal point to organize office archiving requirements
• Maintenance IFRC assets
• Maintenance PMI’s documents
• Precheck on due diligence to all supplier, and register the supplier to Jakarta
• Provide and follow up monthly reconciliation for personnel working advance.
• Update Contact List
• Validate financial documents (Payment request, Requisition, and Travel Request, etc) by ensuring correct procedures have been followed.
• Ensure all contracts are validated from Financial point of view before getting signed. This is in accordance with the latest Federation procedure on Contracts and Agreements.
• Performing timely monthly closing review and checks
• Ensure Federation Internal Control Systems are in place and complied with.
• Regularly visit the field office in Lombok to ensure Federation’s system and procedures are followed and properly implemented
• Look for any irregularities that may lead to potential loss to Federation’s asset.
• Alert management for any potential weakness in the implementation of activity/procedure that may lead to potential loss to Federation if proper action is not taken.
• To accurately record all transactions on daily basis.
• Ensure finance stamp in all related documents and all transactions are booked properly into CODA daily.
• Ensure that all validated document transfer to system on daily basis
• Validate NS advance report and ensure fund is used as per authorized purpose and proper procedure have been followed
• Ensure the dissemination of IFRC’s Fraud and Corruption Prevention and Control Policy to PMI & IFRC staff/ suppliers/service providers that engage with IFRC.
• Any other duty assigned by the Line Manager.
• Professional /academic qualification in finance, accounting and administration services (min. graduation degree in commerce)
• Degree in accounting is preferred
• Experience of working for the Red Cross/Red Crescent is preferred
• Minimum 3 Years work experience in a finance or accounting and administrative roles
• Experience of working with Federation accounting and administrative systems is preferred
• Experience of local commercial & contractual systems
• Experience of project cycle using participatory methodologies
• Experience in writing narrative and financial reports
• Experience in Administration
Knowledge, skills and languages
Advanced skills in computers (Windows, spreadsheets, word processing and accounting packages)
Knowledge and experience of CODA is preferred
Experience of and ability to use manual accounting systems
Skills in training and developing staff
Fluently spoken and written English
Competencies and values
A high degree of competence in Teamwork; commitment to the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement; integrity & personal conduct; sensitivity to diversity; flexibility & adaptability; initiative & direction; interpersonal skills; resilience.
Only candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to apply.