Finance and Administration Officer (FAO)
REPORTS TO: Regional Finance and Admin Manager for Asia (RFAM)
LOCATION: Medan, Indonesia with travel to project sites
Expected Commence date: 01 December 2021
Contract Period: Until 30 September 2022 with possibility of extension
Lutheran World Relief (LWR), a U.S. based non-profit development organization engaged in seeking lasting solutions to poverty and reducing risk, is seeking an experienced Finance and Administration Officer to be based in Medan, Indonesia.
Under guidance of RFAM, the Finance and Administration Officer (FAO) will provide support to finance and administration operations and procedures in line with organizational guidelines and internationally recognized accounting standards. With dotted-line communication day to day activity with Programs Director, Finance and Administration Officer (FAO) completes financial, accounting, and administrative operations and procedures for the Indonesia country office and the AME regional office in line with organizational policies and procedures and internationally recognized accounting standards. The FAO’s core functions include accounting, procurement, maintaining HR files, and providing administrative and logistical support=.
Roles and duties:
• Carries out financial management and internal controls:
– Maintain accurate records of financial status of recruitments, banking, sub-contracts and payments.
– Enters financial transactions into QuickBooks.
– Works with team to prepare monthly cash advance request for office operations.
– Submits financial reports to headquarters.
– Processes payroll and issues payments after appropriate review and approval.
– Files taxes including any applicable withholding taxes and returns.
• Processes advances and advance reconciliations:
– Reviews advance requests and advance reconciliations/expense reports for accuracy.
– Tracks repayment of advances and enforces policies related to reconciling advances Support ongoing maintenance and filing of supporting documentation, including payment and receipt vouchers, payroll vouchers and related tax documents, bank statements and reconciliation, etc.
• Manages and conducts purchases and procurements for service contracts, office supplies, and other project-related goods in compliance with LWR policies and procedures:
• Assist Cost and Pricing team in budget development providing the field cost and assists with monitoring expenditures for existing projects in compliance with LWR and donor requirements.
• Supports administrative and operations of the office
– Tracks staff leave balances.
– Keep updated on local labor issues and inform PD of relevant changes
– Ensure all staff have valid contracts and stored securely.
– Supervises the work of Administration Assistant and other Support staffs/consultants.
– Assists in recruitment, onboarding, and separation procedures.
– Maintains the office asset inventory.
– Assists with logistics of events, workshops, and makes travel arrangement for all staffs and consultants Maintain meeting schedules and appointments and make travel arrangements for the staffs
– Supports country lead in maintaining registrations and accounts where needed by managing all communication related to finance and administration and represents LWR in local government entities and vendors such as banks with regards to complying with locally established business/financial/banking procedures
• Accompaniment Support
– Review and verify periodic financial and audit reports submitted by implementing partners prior to sending them to LWR HQ. Work with the PD to identify concerns to address with the partner.
– Incorporate appropriate “best practices” of accounting and financial management into partner organization systems and structures.
– Develop a training program for the partners based on the needs identified and pro-vide the training. Provide hands-on training support in select areas of organizational development including budgeting, financial analysis, and reporting.
– Conduct monitoring visits to local partners on a quarterly basis.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
• Graduate of Bachelor’s degree in accountancy, finance or business administration/management, or any business related course.
• Three or more years of accounting experience; experience in office administration and working in an international NGO are both an advantage.
• Familiarity and experience dealing with national and local government entities.
• Demonstrated ability to apply generally accepted accounting practices.
• Familiar with country tax regulations
• Proficiency in using accounting, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and web browser software. Experience in the effective use and management of Quick Books a major advantage.
• Deep commitment to LWR’s core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluent in English.
• Ability to be accurate and attentive to detail in project accounting, tracking and monitoring, writing, editing, typing and filing.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to work within a team environment.
• Flexibility to work from the office or remotely when needed
• Must be efficient, reliable, and highly organized.
• Ability to prioritize, organize and carry out multiple tasks efficiently under pressure and with little supervision; ability to accept supervision.
• Ability to travel at least 25% of the time.