The Zoological Society of London is an international wildlife conservation organization with a focus on science-based and pragmatic solutions. ZSL has been active in Indonesia for about 10 years, with a particular focus on the overlap between industrial development and biodiversity conservation. ZSL’s Indonesia is based in Bogor, West Java, with existing field projects in Jambi and South Sumatera.We are now looking for:
FINANCE & ADMIN COORDINATOR
Terms and Condition
Start Date : December 2017
Duration of Contract : One year fix- term Contract, with potential to extend
Work Area : The Finance & Admin Coordinator will be based in Jambi, Sumatera
Hours of Work : Monday to Friday from 09.00 am up to 05.00 pm
Reporting to : Tiger Conservation Project Manager
Key Purpose of the Job
The Finance & Admin Coordinator will ensure the quality of project deliverables by supporting the Tiger Conservation Project Manager objectives in leading the implementation of project work plan versus project budget management. He/she will execute this assignment based on term of reference, including operation procedures, templates, and deadlines.
ZSL The Zoological Society of London (ZSL), a charity founded in 1826, is a world-renowned centre of excellence for conservation science and applied conservation. ZSL’s mission is to promote and achieve the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats. This is realised by carrying out field conservation and research in over 50 countries across the globe and through education and awareness-raising at our two zoos, ZSL London Zoo and ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, inspiring people to take conservation action.
1. Consolidate procurement plan, monitor, and coordinate with PM for purchasing relevant materials in
timely manner. Support the project in the procurement process including preparation of RFPs, TORs,
receipts of quotations, bids for proposal and their preliminary evaluation
2. Assist Project Implementation Area in procurement process and other administration and logistic
activities as deemed necessary
3. Oversees and administers the day-today activities of the office that in line with the policies,
procedures, and systems of ZSL Indonesia which ensure productive and efficient office operation.
4. Organize and facilitates meeting, conferences and other special event; coordinate and attends
meeting, and participates in discussion as appropriate.
5. Assists project manager in preparing letters, contract, agreement and another document as needed by
6. Ensures that ZSL Indonesia SOPs and donor procurement policies are implemented in the field.
7. Maintain assets list under custody of Project staffs and prepare quarterly report to be submitted
to Administration Unit in Bogor.
8. Maintain an up-to-date list of inventories of the project and support annual physical verification
by checking the accuracy of records and location of property.
9. Coordinates with the Office in Bogor the project office’s needs, and any issues and actions
involving HR, Admin and logistics.
10. Establish and maintain positive working relationships with other institutions involved in the
project by ensuring appropriate representation of ZSL Indonesia.
11. Comply with ZSL Indonesia financial management procedures and expenditure monitoring systems.
12. Authorize all necessary Project site expenditure within ZSL Indonesia “Limits of Authorization”
table and ensure that Project expenses are kept to a minimum consistent with sound administrative
and financial practices.
13. Ensure that Project expenditure is being coded correctly and consistently (i.e. allocated to
correct budget lines) and that donor funds are used solely for the purposes for which they were
granted and in accordance with relevant ZSL Indonesia Standard Operation Procedure and donor
14. Check monthly Project expenditure report for accuracy and appropriateness. Regularly discuss with
Finance coordinator in Bogor concerning financial reporting issues, errors, trends, payment
delays, outstanding commitments and related matters.
15. Monitor monthly expenditure against the approved budget. Review expenditure projections to ensure
that expenditure stays within budget. Actual or anticipated expenditure variances against the
budget should be included in the monthly report to line management together with any
recommendations for changes to the budget.
16. In close coordination with the Administration Unit, ensure that assets purchased by or provided to
the Project comply with asset management guidelines in the ZSL Indonesia SOPs
17. Ensure that contractual compliance obligations to the donor are understood and adhered to by all
relevant Project staff.
18. Ensure that approved objectives, outputs (targets) and budgets are reached. Any changes to the
project design, objectives, outputs or budget must have prior approval from ZSL Indonesia
19. Ensure the effective management, maintenance, security and legitimate usage of all project
facilities, assets, personnel and equipment.
20. Maintain clear audit trail for all transactions
21. Provide financial data during the field work done by internal and external auditor for project
under project/ program. Maintenance of audit action list responses and tracking of follow up
actions from Finance and Admin audits.
22. Responsible for jurnal input and reporting and for balance sheet reconciliation, including bank
reconciliation with accoounting systems (quickbooks).
23. Prepare reporting and analysis for Tiger Conservation Project Manager & Finance Coordinator in
24. Monitor spending funds within limits and appropriate approvals.
The job requires continued professional internal and external interaction/ communications, both in person and via phone and email.
This post will be mentally demanding; often the post-holder will find themselves in unexpected situations and be required to take quick decisions, finding solutions and deciding upon the best strategy to take.
The position will be relatively routine in terms of day-to-day tasks during office hours – however sometimes e.g. during field trips or when a workshop is being organized the next day, some flexibility in working hours may be required.
Expectations of Job Holder
• To ensure that the policy for equality of opportunity is adhered to and promoted in all aspects of
the post holder’s work.
• To ensure effective quality control and continuous improvement in all aspects of the work and
responsibilities attached to this post.
• Demonstrate professionalism towards sensitive and confidential information.
• To comply with and promote Health and Safety policies and procedures and to undertake recommended
Health and Safety training as and when necessary.
• To be committed to professional self-development, through participation in in-service training as
necessary for the successful carrying out of the job.
• To undertake such other duties as are commensurate with the grade of the post.
NB: This job description is designed to outline a range of main duties that may be encountered. It is not designed to be an exhaustive list of tasks and can be varied in consultation with the post holder in order to reflect changes in the job or the organisation.
A. Qualifications & Experience
1. A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in finance administration or accounting, or equivalent business
2. Minimum 5-7 years’ successful experience working in similar position with an international NGO.
3. Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, financial and organizational development skills, strong
coaching skills and excellent analytical and financial planning skills.
4. Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
5. Strong analytical and interpretative problem-solving skills.
6. Self-motivated and resourceful, with the proven ability to multi-task and operate successfully
under tight deadlines and time pressures.
7. Strong written and verbal communication skills including public speaking, policy development.
1. Knowledge of general accounting principles.
2. Knowledge of administrative policies and procedures as applied to public institutions
C. Skills & Abilities
1.Computer literacy (excellent IT skills); competent in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and other MS
tools, including the ability in operating Quick Books or other Accounting Software
2. Able to work independently without supervision but also accustomed to working in a team;
3. Good communications skills – able to express complex information in a simple and succinct manner;
4. Self-starter, pro-active and uses initiative – can work independently and priorities own work load;
5. Preferably a high level of written and spoken English;
6. High level of attention to detail and accuracy;
7. Flexible and able to work under pressure and often to tight deadlines; including an ability to
8. Highly motivated;
9. Willing to work at any circumstances both independently or in a group, such as in remote areas with
very limited facilities;
10.Excellent in writing skills and oral communication both in Indonesian and English;
11.Able to deal with tide schedule and unscheduled tasks, and target oriented.