J-PAL Southeast Asia, based at the Institute for Economic and Social Research, Faculty for Economic and Business at the University of Indonesia (LPEM-FEBUI) seeks a qualified applicant for some positions to support the activities in a vibrant organization undertaking cutting-edge development research.
The Finance and Administrative Assistant will report directly to J-PAL SEA’s Finance Grant Manager based in Jakarta. The Finance and Admin Assistant will be responsible for performing a range of financial and administrative tasks to support efficient office operations.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
1. Review all finance documents such as travel expense claim, reimbursement, advances, advance reconciliation, invoices from vendors or third parties
2. Ensure all finance supporting documents are complete and in line with the J-PAL SEA’s finance policies
3. Prepare finance vouchers for all payment and request an approval from the Executive Director and the LPEM FEB UI’s Finance and Admin Head
4. Maintain the advance status for all staff and remind staff to submit their reconciliation in timely manner
5. Prepare and Check all journal reclassification and adjustment and prepare the general journal voucher for all transactions as needed
6. Assist the Finance and Administration Manager on audit purpose
Administration, Travel and Even Coordination
1. Maintain a central filing system, inventory of office supplies and asset, and oversee the maintenance of the office equipment and its facilities.
2. Responsible for filling all letters IN or OUT which are produced by staff and maintaining the pre-numbered of all letters
3. Provide administrative support related to scheduling and arranging logistics for meetings, trainings and events. These include managing the events and preparing necessary materials.
4. Liaise with travel agent and assist all staff to prepare travel arrangements such as flights and lodging for either domestic or international travel.
1. Support procurement processes in line with J-PAL SEA policies and procedures
2. Make sure that all Purchase Request (PR) have been approved by the designated person and maintain the Purchase Request (PR) which will pre-numbered for documentation
3. Obtaining quotes for goods or services when necessary and preparing bid analysis
4. Prepare Purchase Order (PO) and make sure all supporting documents are complete and request an approval for PO from the Executive Director
5. Maintain the approved Purchase Order which will be pre-numbered for documentations
6. Leading the bidding committee depend on the procurement method and category
7. Maintain all contracts/agreements with the third parties such as hotel corporate agreement and travel agent.
1. Maintain the Human Resource (HR) database and update it routinely
2. Responsible for filling all documents related to the staff such as Human Subject certificate, IRB certificate, copy of ID card and passport, copy of bank account, NPWP, and emergency contact form. This includes monthly time sheets for all staff, leave forms and tracking the leave balances regularly.
3. Responsible for managing contact in Salesforce. Keep the contact detail up to date. This includes maintaining the New Hired Form for all staff and
4. Responsible for maintaining all information related to the insurance provider as a contact person for all staff. This includes registering the new staff for their insurance as well as distributing the insurance forms that staff need
• Minimum Diploma Degree in accounting administration, management or relevant studies. Bachelor Degree are also encouraged to apply.
• Prior experience working as Finance or Admin staff for a research institution or international organization (preferable).
• Language: High-level of proficiency (fluent or native). Ability to write and speak fluently in Bahasa Indonesia and English. Experience on written English
• Experience in filing and cataloging/organizing various types of materials.
• Ability to effectively organize, prioritize work assignments, multi-task, and work well under pressure
• Strong ability to manage a time-sensitive workflow while maintaining absolute accuracy with details
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Ability to appreciate international diversity and to establish effective working relationships with international partners, supervisors, and research staff.
• Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with supervisor and other staff
• High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.