- JOB INFORMATION
|Location||: Samarinda City, East Kalimantan, Indonesia|
|Application Deadline||: 30 May 2023|
|Type of Contract||: Fixed Time Work Agreement|
|Working Language||: English and Bahasa|
|Expected Starting Date||: May 2023|
|Contract Period||: May 2023 – April 2024|
- PROJECT/PROGRAM INFORMATION
|Title of Project/Programme||EMBRACING THE SUN: Redefining Public Space as a Solution for the Effects of Global Climate Change in Indonesia’s Urban Areas|
|Executing Entity||Center for Climate and Urban Resilience in collaboration with Queensland University of Technology|
- PROJECT/PROGRAM BACKGROUND AND CONTEXT
This project aims to explore flood adaptation infrastructures as a new typology of public space to face climate adaptation, so enhance awareness of Indonesian and laid a concrete resilient groundwork in the face of the climate crisis recognizes the strategic role of public space in supporting communities located in urban environments. Recent research addresses issues of vulnerability in public spaces and explores resilience strategies that reduce thethrough water sensitive design, which is adopted to minimize. All the measures described are reactive by nature; aiming to cope with the effects of climate change.
This project adopts a different approach to face climate change, focusing on public space as an infrastructure that is ideal for facing the challenged of climate change, as well as a key urban element and as means for community engagement and education on climate change. Through this project we will formulate a new concept and typology of public space as an integrated infrastructural support for local communities faced with the multi-layered complexities and challenges induced by climate change, i.e., flood preparedness and other relevant hydro-meteorological disasters. The project will support communities in absorbing and adapting to the impact of annual flooding and support communities in pre- and post-disaster.
The new typology of the “climate adaptive” public space is going to be tested through the development of one multipurpose public space in Samarinda, Indonesia, as a pilot city. The design process relies on the engagement and involvement of local communities, as well as local governments, and will provide structures and systems to deal with critical environmental issues that are relevant to Indonesia as well as a global context. The new public space will integrate and improve the current urban environments in where it is located and simultaneously envisioned as an ecological-social “anchor” to support the local communities the social dimension of public space will be augmented with environmental features to help communities cope with the effects of climate change and contribute to reduce the ecological footprint.
The project will deliver one pilot public space. It is anticipated that knowledge generated from this project will be replicable to other cities in Indonesia and internationally. The knowledge can be adapted and tailored to other communities with similar environmental changes due to climate change.
- REQUIREMENT AND QUALIFICATIONS
POSITION: FIELD OFFICER SENIOR
- Have the ability to write formally and popularly (proven by writing in English and Bahasa Indonesia)
- High standard of spoken and written in English and Bahasa Indonesia (supported by TOEFL documents with a minimum score of Paper Based Test (PBT) 500, Internet Based Test (IBT) 61, International English Language Testing System (IELTS) 6.0, Duolingo 95)
- Proficiency in design software (SketchUp, AutoCAD, ArcGIS) and presentation
- At least Five (5) years of experience in design/planning
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering/Architecture/Planology/Environmental Engineering/Regional and Urban Planning with GPA above 3.00 on a scale of 4.00 without a D
- Have experience in an active University organization at the University Student Organizations, Faculties, and Departments Level
- Don’t have a nuclear family relationship with all staff at the Samarinda City Government
Scope of Works
- Mapping the Segiri Market area as a location for implementing public space activities both through online information and with community
- Analyze data from mapping results and documenting in a report
- Planning the Public Space with Stakeholders
- Supervise the implementation of Public Space
- Involved in all activities related to the Adaptation Fund project (Embracing the Sun Program)
- HOW TO APPLY
Send an Application Letter, CV (with europass format https://europa.eu/europass/en), and all supported document via email to: email@example.com
Please mentioning: STAFF APPLICATION_EMBRACING THE SUN [Name of Applicant – Position] in the email subject.
- Salary Offer IDR 7.000.000 (Gross)