We need two Literacy Field Officers (LFO) to lead the planning and execution for all work related to implementing YLAI’s Literacy program at the field level. S/he will oversee the implementation, coordination, development, and reporting of the Literacy program for a set of schools. S/he would serve as the main point of contact for the school and local government officials and coordinate the work of teaching staff in his/her jurisdiction. The Literacy Field Officer will report directly to the YLAI Project Manager and will have approximately 24 teachers reporting to him/her. This position will involve frequent travel to field locations as well as regular interaction with education officials, school administrators, teachers, and students. This position would preferably be based near the project location (District/Block/Cluster).
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop a thorough understanding of YLAI’s Literacy program design
- Responsible for managing the implementation of the Literacy Program for the set of schools under his/her jurisdiction, ensuring timely, efficient, and well-coordinated implementation, adhering to the program and budget guidelines
- Responsible for managing relationships with school, community, and government counterparts in their jurisdiction and respond to issues that may arise in these relationships.
- Assist in selecting the program schools as per program guidelines
- Ensure that all program schools receive books, materials at the appropriate time
- Ensure that all teacher training is held as per plan and program guidelines, including the receipt of necessary
- Overall facilitate and mentor teachers in the training organized by YLAI for principals and teachers, and
- Ensure that program schools are monitored as per guidelines and the teachers perform their job effectively
- Ensure effective utilization of program budget through proper planning and tracking of planned activities.
- Prepare cash advance, settlement, and reimbursement for program activities
- Supervise and ensure all data entry and compilation on monthly basis.
- Maintain a high level of data quality related to teacher implementation of the literacy program.
- Assist in preparing all programmatic and financial reports as required.
- Analyze & interpret the data and use it for improving program implementation with teachers.
- Organize and lead review meetings at the field level.
- Managing, conducting, and leading teacher working group by coordinating with local DOE.
- Participate in any other activities which may be required to be undertaken to fulfill the objectives of the organization
- Make regular visits to program schools alone and with key government officials from block/district/state level, and observe classroom management, balanced reading instruction, classroom library management
- Discuss issues with principals and teachers in each school and based on that provide solutions at the field level.
- Observe and coach teachers by using structured observation forms during regular school support visits.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in education / social sciences or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in the education sector
- Strong planning, budgetary, supervising, and project implementation skills
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to travel regularly to project sites in remote locations.
- Proven track record of achieving results
- Proven ability to work effectively with schools and communities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player
- Can riding a motorcycle and has SIM C
- Prior experience living and/or working in rural areas
- Prior experience working with schools, teachers, administrators, and government officials
- Experience in the successful implementation of a wide range of tasks as well as developing and implementing improvements in a prior position
- Preferably knowing about the revision of the 2013 curriculum
The salary range for this position will be determined based upon the experience of the candidate hired. BPJS Health, BPJS Labour benefits, accommodation, and transport benefits are also provided.
Sumba Barat Daya & Sumba Barat
Send your CV to : firstname.lastname@example.org