CWS/Indonesia www.cws-asia.org is an international relief, development, and refugee assistance agency that has been operating in Indonesia for many years under an agreement with the Ministry of Social Affairs. CWS Indonesia is the field office of CWS, Inc., headquartered in New York. CWS assists the most vulnerable, regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity, or gender. CWS works with partners to eradicate hunger and poverty and to promote peace and justice around the world.
CWS is implementing a program to increase food security among extremely poor, food-insecure West Timor, Indonesia families and work to improve the nutritional status of young (< 5) children in these families. A plan to distribute piglets, chickens, and eggs to these children’s families to supplement ongoing livelihood and nutrition interventions, expands the ongoing, multi-sector CWS Timor Zero Hunger (T0H) project by prioritizing the poorest families in the T0H impact area in partnership with Government of Indonesia (GoI) health and agricultural development workers.
CWS is now looking to fill the following position:
Field Officer – SoE ( Nusa Tenggara Timur ) based – 1 person for an initial period of 4 months.
- THE ROLE:
Field Officer is responsible for supporting and monitoring the implementation of activities in the field, facilitating community meetings and events, and liaising with local duty bearers. The incumbent will report to the Program Officer / Program Manager as his/her supervisors regarding the progress of project implementation and the problems faced in the community. This position requires good communication/coordination skills with the partners and other stakeholders, and an ability to work in a team. Being proactive and having initiatives are very essential for this position.
a. TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To implement the CWS Program in TTS
- To assess potential program location.
- To make a plan of action in the field.
- To give field assistance to the partner’s staff and the health cadres/villagers in the program implementation (including logistic related matters).
- Assist the Program Officer in identifying the capacities of the partner’s staff and the health cadres/villagers in program implementation.
b. Identify the needs of the partner’s program staff
- To assist the Program Officer in preparing and facilitating training.
- To make an informal discussion with the partner’s staff and health cadres/villagers about achievements and problems faced in the field.
c. Documentation and Report Writing
- To provide information, data, and reports promptly.
- To prepare field visit reports.
- To ensure that reports are maintained properly.
d. Monitoring, evaluation, and reporting
- To monitor the program implementation in the field.
- To monitor the storing and distribution of commodities in the field.
e. Internal Communication and Coordination
- Communicate and coordinate with PM/Program Officer on the programmatic issues.
- Communicate and coordinate with Administration staff on administration issues, such as coordinate vehicles when traveling and field visit schedule.
- Communicate and coordinate with HR Staff on HR issues and with Finance staff on financial issues.
- Do other tasks as requested by the Program Officer / Program Manager.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Hold Diploma III or Degree in Animal husbandry or other relevant fields.
- Having the experiences in small-scale farming and livestock project, safe water and health & nutrition projects.
- Ability to interact and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders (NGO networks, government institutions, local partners, community)
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision and to handle multitasking jobs.
- Able to work in a team and work harmoniously in a multi-cultural environment.
- Possessing computer skills, including internet communication/ and various office applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, MS Access and PowerPoint).
- Experience working with INGO or the International environment is beneficial.
- Willing to work outside working hours if necessary.
- Willing to travel to the project sites frequently.
- Having the skill in writing, reporting, and documenting is essential.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia is preferable. Knowledge of local dialects will be an added advantage.
- Proactive and Responsible with an eye for details.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to ride a motorcycle and has a riding license.
- Preferably living in SoE.
How to Apply
Applications should include a cover letter, reflecting motivation; a CV, Including three references; expected gross salary and contact number, the latest on 3rd April 2020 . Please send applications in MS Word format (maximum 200KB) to email@example.com