Sosial Bisnis Indonesia (SOBI) is the first natural resource management-based company which was established in 2016 with the mission of shared ownership and sustainable management. SOBI acts as a market hub to promote and connect sustainable wood-derived products from the community-based cooperatives to fulfill the market demands. Preceding to providing the better access to the market in a broader term, SOBI also provides the assessment and certification process for natural resource-derived products (FSC and SVLK) so the sustainable principles are met.
SOBI’s establishment was inspired by the importance of sustainability on natural resource management to be seen as an instrument for conserving the biological biodiversity as well as maintaining the balance of resources base. Yet, the fact that sustainable natural resources management is hard to be adopted if communities still challenged with economic and operational problems resulting the unsustainable way of their common practices. SOBI therefore presents better and long-term breakthrough for forest communities by providing access to sustainable market with fairly better price while ensuring the sustainability of the forest.
Currently SOBI needs a dedicated Field Associate who will be responsible for our expansion and cooperative development project in the field. Together with our NGO Partner, he/she will assist new cooperatives in preparing their FSC certification and ensure the cooperatives to meet the social, organizational, and technical capacity that SOBI requires.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting feasibility study to assess social and technical capacity as well as ecological potentials of SOBI’s expansion areas
- Assisting technical capacity in preparing the FSC Audit for the cooperatives such as providing and coordinating training programs, guiding the administrative tasks, conducting the environmental monitoring process, and other relevant tasks
- Coordinating inventory needs such as recruiting and training field team, assisting the division of inventory area, monitoring performance quality of team’s field work and inventory data
- Coordinating cooperative’s member registration needs include not limited to: (1) recruiting and training field team for member registration; (2) coordinating the division for area registration; (3) monitoring performance of field and quality check for members and area registration data
- Facilitating the establishment of SOBI’s branch, identifying the local people to be SOBI’s branch management, and preparing administrations for the branch as well as FSC and SVLK certification
- Communicating on regularly basis for every update related to the field task
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in any field, preferably Biology or Forestry
Preferably 1-2 years of working experience; Fresh graduates with community project experience are encouraged to apply.
Professional and Personal Competencies and Traits required:
- Knowledge and understanding of forestry, community and social issues
- Strong political, social, conflict resolution, and negotiation skills
- Experience in developing and managing multi-stakeholder projects
- Excellent communication skills to deliver proposal, pitches, presentations, ideas and project updates to wide range of audiences in a clear, inspiring and confident way
- Good interpersonal and team-building skills
- Proven ability of demonstrating initiative and creativity to achieve desired outcomes
Send CV/Resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject email “Application for SOBI’s Field Implementation Associate_(Name)”.