GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF TASK(S) AND OBJECTIVES TO BE ACHIEVED
The Personal Assistant shall work under the functional and administrative guidance of the FAO Representative in Indonesia, the technical supervision of the Team Leader of the FAO ECTAD Programme in Indonesia and the day-to-day technical supervision of the ECTAD Chief Technical Advisor. Furthermore, the incumbent will work in close collaboration with the relevant sub-directorates [disease surveillance (P2H) and disease control (P3H)] of the Directorate of Animal Health (DAH), Directorate General of Livestock and Animal Health Services, as well as other national authorities, FAO technical teams and agencies responsible for the control of emerging infectious diseases (EID), zoonoses and pandemic threats in Indonesia.
• Assist the planning and scheduling of the Chief Technical Adviser’s daily and weekly activities;
• Prepare travel arrangements (ITA preparation, security clearance, hotel reservations, budget estimations, etc) for travel of the Chief Technical Adviser and other international staff as requested;
• Prepare Travel Expense Claims (TEC) for the Chief Technical Adviser;
• Coordinate scheduling of meetings and appointments for the Chief Technical Adviser and the Senior National Veterinary Adviser (SNVA);
• Assist the Chief Technical Adviser to organize and archive information, including written and electronic project materials;
• Draft routine correspondence, memoranda, and reports from oral instructions, previous correspondence or other available information sources in accordance with standard office procedures;
• Maintain the document filing system both hard copy and electronic, receive/send correspondence, and direct communications to the persons concerned, maintain records of such communications, and respond to routine enquiries;
• Attend meetings with the Chief Technical Adviser (when required) and be responsible for taking minutes of meetings;
• Assist the Senior National Veterinary Adviser and other international staff with administration issues, Travel Expense Claims, and other requests;
• When necessary, assist the ECTAD administrative team with preparation of meetings, field visits, seminars, workshops, etc.;
• Perform other related duties as required.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
• CTA’s activities planned and scheduled efficiently and on time • When required
• Travel arrangements for CTA prepared in time • When required
• CTA and SNVA programme activities supported and implemented smoothly • When required
• Minimum Diploma degree (D3) in administration, secretarial or other relevant field; University degree would be an asset;
Technical Competencies and Experience Requirements
• Minimum five (5) years work experience in a similar position for an international organization or company; experience working with FAO or another UN Agency will be an added advantage;
• Excellent written and spoken English skills; fluent in Bahasa Indonesia.
• Excellent memo composition, minute taking and typing skills;
• Proficiency in MS Office, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
• Ability to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
GENERAL NOTE TO ALL APPLICANTS: