COVID-19 COPE for Farmers and Farmers’ Wives
Mercy Corps Indonesia will reach ~25.000 female farmers/farmers’ wives in 8 (eight) districts in West Java and Banten provinces through the distribution of Donor’s birth control products (contraception), dissemination of information on product knowledge to support the proper use of contraception products. This Proposed program will be aligned with the “Supporting Vulnerable Smallholder Farmer Communities to Cope with COVID-19 Impacts” Program.
- Better Family Planning program of female farmer/farmer’s wives through contraception product distribution;
- Female farmers and farmers’ wives have knowledge of the proper use of the contraception product as well as family planning and reproductive.
- Banten : Cluster Serang & Pandeglang
- Jawa Barat : Cluster Cianjur & Sukabumi, Cluster Tasikmalaya & Ciamis, and Cluster Kuningan & Majalengka
Family Planning Program Officer – Banten and West Java (Please Specify province in the job application)
Family Planning Program Officer will ensure that at least 6,250 female farmer/farmer’s wives in his/her cluster working areas receive contraception products as well as family planning and reproductive health knowledge training events. S/he will lead the program plan, implementation, and monitoring in each district and collaborate with the district government agencies, farmer groups, farmer group unions, female farmer groups, and midwives who are selected by the Indonesian Midwives Association (IBI).
Essential Job Function:
- Serve under the direction of Disaster Recovery Program Manager to implement program activities in the field, management of the grant, and direct supervision of project activities to ensure the program will be reached 6,250 female farmers/farmers’, wives;
- Develop monthly work plan and target and provide monthly progress against the target and workplan;
- Ensure the program will conduct Training of Trainers to at least 10 Midwives who are selected by the Indonesian Midwives Association (IBI) on Government Strategy for Family Planning 2020, Contraception Technology Update & WHO Guidance for Family Planning, and IBI Strategy for Midwives Services during Pandemic;
- Ensure the program will conduct Training of Family Planning and contraception product knowledge by the 10 trained Midwives to 6,250 female farmers/farmers’ wives;
- Ensure the data needed for program monitoring, evaluation, learning, and report are available;
- Ensure all MCI’s administration, logistical, human resources and financial procedures followed in relation to the implementation of this grant;
- Conduct regular site visits MCI program sites to ensure the proper delivery of services.
- Provide collaboration supervision of donor and other partners on activities implementation as per the agreement;
- Maintain close regular contact with the local government agencies, local partners, and donor focal point to ensure quality outputs/services and troubleshoot any administrative problems;
- Attend coordination meetings and maintain regular contact with relevant local actors;
- Assist in monthly report writing on program progress, obstacles, and recommendations;
- Assist in donor report writing as requested; including the gathering of information;
- Assist supervisor and program management in filing and record keeping of project activities and data entry of program statistics as requested.
- University degree in Public health, Midwives, Economic, Business, Social Studies, Agriculture or related fields;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with NGOs in Public Health program, Emergency or Livelihood Programs;
- Experience work with the local government agencies in Public Health program/Emergency, or Livelihood Programs;
- Experience work with District and Sub-district agencies/extension would be an advantage;
- Experience in community mobilization and have knowledge of community health and family planning issue, especially in a rural area (for farmer group);
- Experience in delivering training of Trainer of Midwives;
- Experience using digital data collection tools for monitoring the female farmers’/Farmer wife participants;
- Understanding of working together with local partners;
- Experiences work with the private company or private foundation donor would be an advantage;
- Proven experience managing diverse and disparate projects;
- Experience in managing staff and understanding the need for regular support and follow-up to ensure that project objectives are being met;
- Ability to work without constant supervision and as part of a mixed team;
- Good knowledge of MS Office software such as Excel, Word, and Access;
- Able to write and understand spoken English are preferred;
- The driver’s license preferred.
The vacancy will be closed on 15 September 2020 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. We look forward to hearing from those who are interested in taking this opportunity to grow and develop with us.
Human Resources Department
Yayasan Mercy Corps Indonesia.