FAMILY PLANNING PROGRAM MANAGER _ Jakarta, Indonesia
Founded in 2002, by President William J. Clinton and Ira C. Magaziner, the Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (“CHAI”) is a global health organization committed to saving lives, reducing the burden of disease and strengthening integrated health systems in the developing world.
The Program Manager will be responsible for continuing CHAI-Indonesia’s family planning program and responsible for broader issues related to sexual reproductive health, including establishing collaborative relationships with related government institution and partner agencies as well as develop an understanding of the SRH landscape. He/she will mainly focus on providing direct support to Ministry of Health (MoH) and BKKBN and in collaboration with national related organization and initiatives. Other programmatic needs may arise and flexibility will be essential.
The Program Manager will report to the Country Director and will regularly collaborate and communicate with the global Program Director. He/she will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Provide strategic and technical leadership for sexual reproductive health and family planning program as agreed by Ministry of Health and BKKBN
- Oversee the implementation of completion of midwife mapping on competency and certification in coordination with BKKBN and other partners involved
- Identify strategic areas for expansion and guide strategic planning or proposal development needed for future program development.
- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, donors, and partner organizations
- Manage the CHAI Sexual Reproductive Health and FP program budget
- Support CHAI Global Markets Team, Tech Team and Family Planning Team by facilitating access to information and key stakeholders as necessary, and provide updates on national FP situation, especially related to consumption and stock on hand of contraceptives
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by Country Director or requested by global Program Director
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with a minimum of seven years or Master’s degree in a related field with a minimum of 5 years of work experience in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Experience in sexual reproductive health and family planning
- Experience in the planning and execution of large scale projects, including budgeting and activities planning
- Experience building and maintaining collaborative, senior-level relationships and working with multiple stakeholders
- Experience in relationship with broad stakeholder including government bodies, government officer, INGO’s and other institution in relation with this function.
- Experience in health care and health system and experience working with the Ministry of Health and or BKKBN or other government institutional.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and quantitative skills, and ability to use data to inform program development and strategy
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and work well under pressure
- Possess self-motivation and comfort working independently with little oversight
- Program management experience
- Experience building and maintaining quantitative models in Excel and related applications