PEKA SINERGI project is funded by the Millennium Challenge Account Indonesia (MCA-I), a grant from the US. The project is assisting 12 SMKs in Lombok to develop competencies in Renewable Energy Technology (Teknologi Energi Terbarukan, TET) to be able to conduct training and certification in TET. The four technologies developed for the SMKs are Hydro Energy, Solar Energy, Wind Energy and Biomass Energy. Selected teachers at the SMKs have been assigned to be trained to become TET teachers.
To be able to develop their competencies in teaching TET, the TET teachers at the SMKs have established a MGMP TET. At the same time the principals of the 12 SMKs have established SMK TET Principals’ Forum (Musyawarah Kerja Kepala Sekolah, MKKS). Meetings of the MKKS are often arranged at the same time as the MGMP meetings.
Since PEKA SINERGI is going to finish activities in December 2017 and the project closes in March 2018, it is important that the principals take an important role in assuring the sustainability of the project results. Therefore, a workshop on Strengthening the Role of SMK TET Principals for Sustainability will be conducted for the principals of the 12 SMK TET.
Objectives of Consultancy:
The consultancy is to develop the workshop program and scenario and facilitate the workshop as well. He/she will also become resource person for some specific topics relevant to strengthen the role of SMK principals for sustainability of the TET program in the SMKs.
Scope of Work:
The Consultant is expected to:
1. Assist in the planning and developing the workshop program and scenario of the workshop
2. Facilitate and organize the workshop for SMK Principals
3. Act as resource person for team building exercises
4. Act as resource person for work ethics
5. Facilitate sessions of other resource persons
6. Write a report of the implementation of the workshop.
4 days preparation
2 days traveling and preparation/report writing
4 days facilitating the workshop in Mataram, Lombok from 25 – 28 October 2017
2 days report writing
A total of 12 working days from 16 October – 3 November 2017
The consultant will be provided with an economy return air ticket to Lombok, accommodation, meals, and per diem for miscellaneous expenses during the workshop.
1. Program and scenario of workshop
2. Training material, presentations on relevant subjects
3. Report of workshop implementation
1. Has experience in coordinating and implementing workshops for teachers and or school principals
2. Able to read and write in English,
3. Preferably has a degree in education